V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I was changing my drive belt and going to a 34T sprocket I broke the clutch hub on removal. I ordered a replacement Twin Power hub and new bearing, had it all pressed onto to clutch basket and after trying to install it I realized that the stock nut wont secure the hub. My question is what am I missing do I need a different nut to secure the new hub

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake

·
Registered
274 Posts
Those molded standoffs on the original hubs appeared weak to begin with. Years ago, I touched one and it broke right off…
I also considered the possibility that they may have been broken off before and perhaps glued or epoxied on in their original spots by those who have replaced belts on my FXR before.

• Wow
Reactions: hillcat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like it is the wrong one for the bike...or you could use a spacer but looks like the nut needs to sholder up into the c-bore in the hub a ways
This part is listed for the 84-89 and it seems to work for many just wondering if I’m missing something like a spacer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had some time today to compare the stock hub to the TP-hub and it appears to be the right one it seats on the taper good, So I mounted it on the tapered shaft and ran the nut onto it. I thought the nut would bottom out at the end of the threads before it tightened the hub but I was wrong, the nut can thread past the end of the threads and tighten the hub, seems the threads on the shaft are larger than the shaft and allow the nut to travel just past the threads.

So I think Im good to reassemble everything this weekend will update when its all together

Thanks for all the input

1 - 12 of 12 Posts