V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a proud original owner of a vintage 1984 FXRDG and am looking for an OEM Carburetor and maroon/burgundy touch up paint to match original color for a chip on the front fender. Just joined the forum and this is my first post. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
Dealer for the paint,,, good luck with the carb. It went obsolete a decade or two ago,,, it wasn't a very good carb anyway,,, check into a keihin CV, from a later model, if you want trouble free for a stock engine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the carb from my 85 wide glide, which I replaced with an S&S, trying to fix a problem which probably wasn't fuel related. The old carb is in superb condition, other than being unused for 3 or 4 years. Never regretted going with the S&S. But if you want to do an accurate restoration let me know...
By the way, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your acquisition.
You now have access to more advice than you could possibly use in two lifetimes!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the carb from my 85 wide glide, which I replaced with an S&S, trying to fix a problem which probably wasn't fuel related. The old carb is in superb condition, other than being unused for 3 or 4 years. Never regretted going with the S&S. But if you want to do an accurate restoration let me know...
By the way, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your acquisition.
You now have access to more advice than you could possibly use in two lifetimes!
Thank you! I'm
Dealer for the paint,,, good luck with the carb. It went obsolete a decade or two ago,,, it wasn't a very good carb anyway,,, check into a keihin CV, from a later model, if you want trouble free for a stock engine.
Thanks for the advice! I'm reviewing my old posts and just saw this...still looking for both items. Touch-up paint was obsolete years ago, same as the carb...
reviewing my old posts and just saw your reply! I am still looking for a stock carb. Do you still have the one you mentioned off your '85 Wide Glide, and how much would you sell it for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts