V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This little bike was made in 1972. It has 65 cc and was aimed squarely on first time riders. Harley needs to reinvent the Shorster so my nephews can get the Harley experince at a younger age. If you want to know more get the American Iron magazine Feb. 2003 issue,

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said re-invent the Harley Shortster. I never said build a non-Harley. Kids need to exprience the Harley. Those little badass motorcylces are available to anyone wanting one, not a shortster.

·
Registered
575 Posts
ftby24 said:
Those little badass motorcylces are available to anyone wanting one, not a shortster.

and a Harley Shortster would not be available to anyone wanting one?????

By the way, I was at a Harley Shop in Cincinnati, OH, off of Reading Ave, they have one of those in the showroom, along with a number of other vintage bikes...... pretty cool.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sheeeit! $3K for a kids scooter? Buy a CD for him instead, then get him a Sportster when he turns 16. Of course, if that chopper came with a 40" belly mower....

Chilly

·
Registered
686 Posts
I like it shortster!! Don't forget about the Buel Blast I saw a young guy I am guessing 16 or so riding one the other day, slouched over, pretty intense look on his face, I bet it was his first road bike. I always go out of my way to talk to young guys on bikes even if they are riding crotch rockets, I want them to know not all Harley riders all old stuck up jerks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts