V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go by TH. I'm 41yrs old. Started on bikes in 1969 with a honda 50 then a 100 in 1971, in 1973 a 125 hodaka combat wombat fellowed by a 250 in 75, a run of tm / rm suzuki racing bikes have been with me ever since [26 in all]. I still race a GNCC race a time or two each year.
in 1976 i bought my first Harley Davidson [ well sort of ] a SX 350. neat little bike [ might be cool to have one for town and back trips ].
First real HD [1982] was a 1966 FLH - Police Pursuit Special bike that had been in storage since 1970. The original cop who was issued the bike in 1966 was killed in 1969 at a house fire when a wall fell on him. the estate put the bike in storage with 4365 miles showing, after receiving it from the police dept. as part of his death benefit. i was given the bike and clear title in 1993. After a check-up at the local Harley shop, tires, a battery, voltage regulator and brake pads along with oil flush and fill it was given a mostly clean bill of health. So i rode the bike for 4 years before deciding to do a 100% restore. I now have all parts collected as well as the frame and drive-train finished, wiring finished, paint and a few accessories are all thats left.
Tired of no street wheels i bought a new 2006 FXDI Super Glide, what a ride!!!
6 speed is way cool but over kill on a street V Twin.
So far I've opened up the stock pipes and I'm going to install the S/E or K&N air cleaner / filter and ecm up grade in a few days.
Well that's about all there is to me. :chopper:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:welcome: TH to VTF.
Cool story about your old shovel.I would love to see some pics of it before the restoration.
Anyway enjoy the forum.:beer4u:

·
1,336 Posts
Thomas welcome to the forum. The 66 sounds nice. Does it have a panhead bottom end?

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the VTF. Cool story about the police bike. Hope you get it finished eventually.

Sounds like your riding a quality bike at the moment as well.

Thanks for posting your intro. Happy to meet you Tom.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Thomas, welcome to the forum. Like you, I had bikes years ago then got out of the business 'till last year. Now, all I do is eat, breath and live H-D. As a matter of fact, I just got home after attending the local dealership's Christmas open house for prefered customers. Ate a few ribs/wings/cheese, etc, then dropped some coin on some chrome.

Like the Ken thread, I need help.

I wonder if there is a self help group for this?

Take care and ride safe!

Ray

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
hoosierhog88 said:
Hey Thomas, welcome to the forum. Like you, I had bikes years ago then got out of the business 'till last year. Now, all I do is eat, breath and live H-D. As a matter of fact, I just got home after attending the local dealership's Christmas open house for prefered customers. Ate a few ribs/wings/cheese, etc, then dropped some coin on some chrome.

Like the Ken thread, I need help.

I wonder if there is a self help group for this?

Take care and ride safe!

Ray
The self help group meets here: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63217&page=9

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the SuperGlide!! Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts