V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a bigger tire on my 2004 Deuce. Can I fit a 180 Screaming Eagle tire on my stock rim without the wide tire kit? Could I fit a 170? I know clearance issues with the belt is the main problem. I have heard that it can be done, but it is very close. HELP!

"Airborne" Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can run A Metzeler 170/60VR-17 on your 2004, I put them on all the time.
The new 180-17 will work also.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I run the SE 180 on the stock Deuce rim with a 1/8" pully spacer from vulcan engineering.
Put a couple of washers on the pulley side axle spacer(approx 1/8") to offset the pulley spacer and your good to go.

Try this
http://www.vulcanworks.net/store_4/...p?attachmentid=29019&stc=1&d=1139103008[/IMG]

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
8-UP said:
You can run A Metzeler 170/60VR-17 on your 2004, I put them on all the time.
The new 180-17 will work also.
8-Up,
Specifically what new 180-17 tire? Did Metzeler finally produce one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help.

Got a the SE 180 on the rim and put it on without any mods. It IS close. But clearance is clearance. May try to get the pulley spacer to be safe. Thanks again for the replies.
Abnsteve

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
will this same set up work for the deluxe?
Nope, your fenders not big enough

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
what size is the biggest i can go to?

If I would guess,I would say a 160.But I would measure the inside of the fender first then find out the width of the tire.
For just being able to go up one size,:coffee: its really not worth it

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
well theres a 140 on there now im hopeing to put a 160 on it
I thought they came with at least a 150^rolleyez^

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Must be some kind of "gray area"
I would measure your tire and fender,and belt clearance.Then post something here for tire width and see what ya come up with.
If ya want I can measure my old Deuce tire (which is a 160) and let ya know.
Give me a day or so OK

·
Registered
68 Posts
I put a Screamin Eagle 180 on my stock Deuce rim. With just a pully spacer and I removed the lower belt guard. You can also notch it, but I like it without. The Screamin Eagle Dunlop 502 is the only 180 tire that works with the stock Deuce 17x4.5 inch wheel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finally finished the Deuce wheel conversion and installation of the new powder coated tins. I'll post pictures of the project when I have time to edit & resize them all. There's a ton of detailed pictures.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I have a 180/55/17 Dunlop K591 on my deuce. It's a whisker wider than the SE 180, I believe they do make this size any more in the 591 series.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts