V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this has been discussed ( but I looked and didn't see anything ) but can you put a 180 x 18" Low profile tire/wheel combo on a stock FXSTB ?
I have heard it can be done with no mods, but seems I have a fender that is about 1/2" too narrow to get that tire up in there .....

I am using 18" Rear Weld Widow wheel with a 21" Front.
180 Metzler ME 880 Rear

Can I just get another bob tail fender ??? I'd like to keep the same fender look.

Also, I noticed the 2006 Softails now come with a 200 Rear tire, stock .... Wonder if that fender would fit an '05 ???

Appreciate any help or advice...:thanks:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have an 06 softail Standard, and the fender and horns are wider. so is the swing arm and some of the frame. So i dont think the fender will fit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
it is possible with a heartland kit. just put one on my 05 night train and it is sweet. dont think it can be done with no mods. the fender horns have to be cut off and you have to get a new fender.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
inklax2 said:
it is possible with a heartland kit. just put one on my 05 night train and it is sweet. dont think it can be done with no mods. the fender horns have to be cut off and you have to get a new fender.
Inklax, have you posted any pictures of your bike anywhere? I've been thinking about a Heartland fender and would like to see how yours turned out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fender

Yep, that's what I am trying to get it to fit ... I also have an 05 Night Train. Where do you see/purchase this Hearland kit ???
Any pics anywhere ????

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have to get my digital camera back from a buddy at the PD and then i will post some pics. you can view the kit on heartlandbiker.com it is a quality kit, just a little pricy and you have to find a heartland dealer. i am not sure if you can buy directly from them. pics soon....

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Check out HogPro if interested in alternatives for 180/200 setups. Much better prices than Heartland based on my recent research...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ain't happening....

It just ain't happeing... :nope:
You can't get a 180mm under a Bobtail fender, without major mods...( cut the horns, re-weld, new fender, ect..)
BUT .....
It does appear that a 160 will fit, with about 3/4" clearance ...... and still use my 5.5" wheel....
so, guess I got another new tire to buy ... :(

Anybody need a new Metzler,ME Marathon 180/55 with 0 miles ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
inklax2 said:
i have to get my digital camera back from a buddy at the PD and then i will post some pics. you can view the kit on heartlandbiker.com it is a quality kit, just a little pricy and you have to find a heartland dealer. i am not sure if you can buy directly from them. pics soon....
Yep Heartland do sell direct, LA to the UK in four days and they even phoned round to get me the cheapest carrier to the UK.

great service from a good bunch of guys.:thanks:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts