V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting non-spoked wheels for my RK, ease of cleaning and also more personalized look, plus safety issue. I like the look of taller wheels (or at least would like to consider them). Is there any reasons not to put an 18" wheel on the front, and leave the 16" on the rear. I presume I would need to recalibrate the speedo. Haven't checked to see if I could still get the wide whitewalls. Different size wheels front to rear doesn't seem unusual for other motorcycles. Any safety or handling issues?

greg

·
Registered
276 Posts
you can get a tire with a lower profile so your overall wheel diameter stays the same. only prob will be lower load rating on the new tire........

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Speedo is not a problem. It's driven off the transmission. You've got to consider both height, width, and hub width. It's a Harley, most anything can be done given enough money, time and knowledge. Personally, I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
A few months back American Iron did an article on bigger rims and tires on a road king, the article was about front and back. If you went to their website and did a search you may find more information. If I find the article I'll post the month for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts