V-Twin Forum banner

17 FLHR W/ Mustang Pillion ( how do I protect the paint?)

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tall terry 
#1 ·
When I first purchase the Mustang solo/pillion seats I called Mustang and asked if I could just but a fender bib from them and leave it on my fender under the pillion seat to protect it from scratches.

Who ever I spoke with at Mustang told me NO! You do not need the bib as out seats are made not to scratch the top of the rear fender and he said that the Company Guarantees that!!!

So I continued to do some searching on the web and decided to call back Mustang again, I asked the same question to a different tech and mentioned about the no scratch warranty the previous tech told me.

This tech said WHAT! Mustang does not guarantee anything like that, but went on saying that the soft rubbers that are built in under the seat will protect the paint if your passenger is 150lbs or less.......

Well that is still did not sit right, my bikes color is Laguana Orange with the graphics on top of the fender and I want this protected.

I have seen that there are clear vinyl kits to do this but what I really would rather have would be some type of protector that works %100 and I can take on and off.

So has anyone have %100 luck using a Mustang rear bib or other aftermarket bib that would not make any marks on the top of the fender?

That I feel would be the simplest.

Also I have read that someone had just used clear packing tape to protect the fender and if so what kind of a mess would it leave when you went to remove it.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.