V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have done a lot of surfing the net trying to find a 16" laced front wheel for my '07 Sportster . HD online pretty much a dead end . eBay vendors seem very sketchy at best ? Debrix gets very low marks in the customer review dept . Dennis Kirk is $$$ .
I got a price from local HD dealership of $450 for a Nightster wheel (no tire) & $90 for a wheel kit (bearings & spacers). btw the dealership tells me it can't be done & just want to sell me a new Nightster .
I am undecided on mid Glide or wide Glide from Vulcan , like the looks of there products , just not sure how wide to go . If i go mid then i have fender mounting issue using my OEM forks . Probably go wide & get a Fat Boy after market fender .
I see a lot of Sportsters with reworked front ends with big fat tires , I just don't see a lot of how they did it & what it took to get there . I don't want to dump thousands into this project .
Besides finding something used on eBay & taking a huge risk for fitment & worse a pos wheel from unscrupulous seller , does anyone have a wheel recommendation even if it's for a different model HD ?
any info much appreciated

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
One of the best IMO - http://www.buchananspokes.net/

There are others who can help you but I'm drawing a blank and too lazy to look for you. Search and find.

Custom shops would be another place to check. Exile could probably make something up as well.

You might want to find a good inde shop in your area and work with them - unless you'll do this yourself. Don't think it'll be too difficult but you might have some work to do on fitment.

Personally don't trust ebay, especially on a non-std sort of thing, but many have good experiences.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Try some of the wheel chromer's on e-bay. They take stock cast wheels and chrome them. They're about half the price of new. Explain you don't have a trade in to re-chrome. There are several companies, call and find a one you like.
I used HiLuster in Hayward, Calif. and they treated me well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts