V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my 16 Gauge baffles, too restrictive, can they be altered for better flow & sound?

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
croctail2002 said:
i used baffles from v&h bss sound and perform awesome slip straight in
Why did V&H tech tell me that their baffles would not fit the HD 16 Gauge Exhaust? They said completely different. I said I know V&H makes the 16 Gauge for HD, but no response from V&H.

Weird.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
i had both pipes swapped baffles and big city monsters, between the 2 the 16 gauge sounds best with the thunder monsters, performed best with the v&h baffles but still sounds great not as deep

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
croctail2002 said:
i had both pipes swapped baffles and big city monsters, between the 2 the 16 gauge sounds best with the thunder monsters, performed best with the v&h baffles but still sounds great not as deep
You used the BSS regular baffles or the Quiet baffles? I would like my 16 gauge to sound good, but not quite as loud as the BSS regular exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
i used regular baffles, on a stock motor the quiet baffles would be ok otherwise too restrictive,take the 2 rear heat sheilds off so you have access to the bolts then play around with the baffles untill you have the sound you like.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
croctail2002 said:
i used regular baffles, on a stock motor the quiet baffles would be ok otherwise too restrictive,take the 2 rear heat sheilds off so you have access to the bolts then play around with the baffles untill you have the sound you like.
My bike is an 05 FXDWG with the basic Stage I & A/C, along with the 16 Gauge exhaust.

But, I have a SE 103 EFI kit to be done at my dealer in a few months. For now I have taken the SE 16 Gauge baffles, pulled them, and drilled one row of additional holes for now.

What do you think would be good for the 103, without setting off car alarms?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
my 16 gauge are on a 107 tc i cut the standard v&h baffle in half a little louder and feels better up top i had a 1/4 of the baffle in and lost low end tq the same as when i tried the thunder monsters to get it right you need to do it on a dyno with the large crossover these are almost like a 2-1 with the looks of a drag pipe on another site there is a dyno chart of a 95 with the 16 gauge with v&h baffles and thunderheaders the thunderheaders were 2hp 2tq better

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
croctail2002 said:
my 16 gauge are on a 107 tc i cut the standard v&h baffle in half a little louder and feels better up top i had a 1/4 of the baffle in and lost low end tq the same as when i tried the thunder monsters to get it right you need to do it on a dyno with the large crossover these are almost like a 2-1 with the looks of a drag pipe on another site there is a dyno chart of a 95 with the 16 gauge with v&h baffles and thunderheaders the thunderheaders were 2hp 2tq better
Can you tell me where that site is?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
i had both pipes swapped them around about a dozen times the 16 gauge were better every time i put them back on i could feel they were stronger just tried the bassani pro streets very soft till about 3500

1 - 12 of 12 Posts