V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel the tire itself would clear with the new midglide forks. The 06 dyna has a 1" axle now and i believe the 16" FL rim axle hole is smaller. Also the brake disk spacing could be an issue too....I'm not too worried about the fender; if it doesnt fit after the swap i would just remove it. I also dont know if the overall diameter with tire is the same or different comparing a 16" to a 19" set up. I already posed this same question over in the wheels/tires forum with not much luck so far

Has anyone tried this yet? I know it wont be too long until we see this on a street bob.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
blueballs said:
I feel the tire itself would clear with the new midglide forks. The 06 dyna has a 1" axle now and i believe the 16" FL rim axle hole is smaller. Also the brake disk spacing could be an issue too....I'm not too worried about the fender; if it doesnt fit after the swap i would just remove it. I also dont know if the overall diameter with tire is the same or different comparing a 16" to a 19" set up. I already posed this same question over in the wheels/tires forum with not much luck so far

Has anyone tried this yet? I know it wont be too long until we see this on a street bob.
There are a few people here on the forum who have put 16" front wheels on wide glide and mid glide front ends. I did it on my 2005 Wide Glide. Maybe you'll have luck if you post in the Wheels/Tires section.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I already posted over there too.

I wonder if i could just buy the rim and have some one lace it to my existing hub?? That would work i suppose if i could find the right length spokes and a good lacer.
Maybe FL's will have the 1 " axles next year and i could just wait to see also.

·
Registered
435 Posts
blueballs said:

This is a can do. In Jan I attended the Cycle World show in Clev OH. Elyria Harley had one of several conversions they did on a standard 2006 Dyna. They used an FLH style wheel with a 16" tire. The fender didn't fit but it was a standard set of Dyna forks, not a Wide or Mid Glide. It looked very nice. There was precious little clearance though between the sidewall and the fork sliders. Good luck, this can be done.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts