V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing Screaming Eagle standard spark plug. spark plug box says .035 gap. Owners manual says .038-.042 With standard plugs. Should I go with .035 or .040?

·
not sober all the time
5,908 Posts
I'd use the factory spark plug or the Champion equivalent...but that's just me. .035" is fine. You won't gain anything by setting it at .040" or .042". If your coil, wires, etc. are in good shape, you probably won't lose anything by setting them at .042" either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd use the factory spark plug or the Champion equivalent...but that's just me. .035" is fine. You won't gain anything by setting it at .040" or .042". If your coil, wires, etc. are in good shape, you probably won't lose anything by setting them at .042" either.
Thanks Uncle Salty

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am installing Screaming Eagle standard spark plug. spark plug box says .035 gap. Owners manual says .038-.042 With standard plugs. Should I go with .035 or .040?
Follow the owners manual for the plug gap. Doesnt champion make the plugs for Harley? If so you can buy them at about half the price at AZ, Oreilly etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an '02 fatboy and was going to replace my plugs too. what are the advantages of using the Screamin Eagle plugs vs the "standard" plugs ? is there any kind of performance boost ?

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
The SE plugs just put a larger hole in your funds,,, just because it has SE performance on the box,, meNs absolutely nothing.. you are new,, and have had the koolaid,,
I prefer bosch single platinum plugs,, they are difficult to cross reference the numbers to identify which are used in harleys...
I only stocked bosch at the shop, and used them in everything... do they have a performance advantage? No, they don't however they are the only plugs I have used in the large performance engines with 0 problems,, plus they aren't expensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts