V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Vrod for 3 months today and it just turned over 1500 miles.

I have enjoyed every mile and have had only one small problem - an oil leak. It turned out to be the oil pressure sensor was leaking, located between the cylinders under the throttle bodies. Put some teflon tape on the threads and oil leak is gone.

I check for fasteners working loose and have found none.

Now that I have a few miles on it and everything seems to be working as it should, I have twisted the throttle up towards the redline and had it over a 100 mph a time or two. All I can say is who ah!

·
Registered
9 Posts
800 mile report

JT,

I'm on 1 month / 800 miles. Glad to hear you're happy with the VROD. I am too. It seems that the engine continues to get smoother. I do notice some extra vibration at 6K rpm. Haven't had the right weather or road to go beyond that. Have you experienced this? Does it smoothen out after 6K?

Thanks for the posting......interesting.

CJ

·
Registered
629 Posts
As for the Teflon tape, make sure that some of the threads are still in contact with the engine or you will not get a correct reading. I had this proplem before on my Bug.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CJ

I have not noticed a particular vibration around 6K, but I will pay closer attention and report back.

Sidewalk

Thanks for the tip, I did notice that the sensor only has one wire. I have a light with engine off and it goes off when I start it up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm at 630 mi

i too can feel her gettin smoother , and stronger-------havn't really pushed her------other than kiss the zone for an instant-----( got there pretty damn quick too)---------have noticed carbon around the exhaust port of the upper muffler , but none at the bottom ? anybody else?---------took 2nd and 3rd up between 5 & 6k once----then drove about 4 mi. home put her in the garage and shut her off-----could smell something different at the upper muffler-------she is gettin louder i think-----i'm wonderin if i pushed or moved the fiberglass packing , and thats what i smelled-----

talk about attention-----i'm stopped at a red light in the straight through lane and a car roll past me on the right----he comes to a stop, put her in reverse and rolls back to along side of me-----he puts his window down and holds up a camera and say "Smile"---- takes my pic and then takes off-----have'n nothin but a blast with this beautiful machine....Hutch

·
Registered
6 Posts
well, my v-rod turned 500 yesterday and when it did i grabbed a handful of the throttle. talk about haulin' ass. 120 mph, 3rd gear, 7000 rpm. and it still wanted to go faster. what a rush. by the way the rev limiter works very well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oil Leak

I got my V-Rod in mid-October. After only 200 miles I noticed an oil leak on the left cam cover. The dealer replaced the gaskets and it seems to be doing fine. The weather at the moment isn't cooperating and the bike is sitting in the garage with only 300 miles on it. I can't wait to get it broken in and find out what it can really do. In any case, it is one sweeeeeeeet ride.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have had my bike for 1 month and 5 days. I have 1200 miles and climbing daily. Luckly, Florida's weather has been great for riding, except for this week (lows in the 40's). I have not noticed any problems (leaks, vibrations ect.) just a small amount of surging @ 5-10 mph (which dealer says is normal unless, I go to a 28 tooth sprocket). At my 1000 mile service, dealer said she looks and runs great. Very quick and responsive. I have had her @ 135 many times and this still alot of throttle left.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm at 8 months and 4900 mi. Just a small issue of some coolant leaking from loose hose clamps. Other than that, my SE pipes are completely "burned in" and sound great to me, I've hit the rev limiter in the first 3 gears several times, and I couldn't want anything more!! Enjoy bro's!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Veerooder, How long have you had you SE pipes? What do you mean by burned in? I have had my 16 gauge Double barrels for 3 weeks, 700 miles. Thanks,

·
Registered
147 Posts
The heat generated in the pipes has an effect on the packing material. After a while you notice the tone of the pipes changing. In the case of my SE's, the dB's got a little higher and the tone deepened quite a bit. I'm very satisfied with the sound of the SE's, Ive had them since day one. I'd like to hear the Double Barrels to compare, but I can't believe there is that much of a difference to warrant the purchace of ANOTHER set of pipes. Mine dyno'd at 105 RWHP, and thats plenty of horsies for me.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
2 months yesterday, 2200 miles! And lovin' it more with every ride!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had my SE1's on from day one. Now I have 9500 miles and its still sounds and runs great! But, I wanted more. Just sent out my se1's to the v-mod man, Steve. I think all se1's owners will want a little more sound and more power. I will let you know of the results.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
vmodtom

Way to go Tom. Your going to need to change your handle to vModtom.

After you install those new V-Modse's, make sure you make a run by Kaz's crib (early morning) and give him and all his neighbors a wake-up call:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts