V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up riding bikes and admiring my Father’s Harleys. My Dad (a military man) always custom made our motorcycles (they were all foreign) from used parts. Even when my brother and me got old enough my Dad would never let us ride his Harleys (40 models). So I left home to join the military. All through my military years I was never able to save enough to get my Harley, but always had a motorcycle to ride. I’ve been riding bikes for 31 years and have never been without some type of motorcycle. I always got lucky and was able to buy a used bike from someone at a great price. I’ve never owned a new bike. 15 years ago I started putting any extra money I had into a special savings account. Some months I could save $5.00 and other months more. I recently retired from the military (at a young age) and decided that it was time to start living. I was free to do what I want, when I want and didn’t have to ask permission to do squat – so I talked it over with my family (wife and kids) and went down to the Harley dealer to order my dream. My family is excited also but not nearly as much as I am. It took me awhile to figure out which one to get – they’re all great. After sitting on each model, having the wife take pictures of me, letting the family sort through the pictures and getting help from the salesman, I made the decision to get the 2003 Dyna Wide Glide. It was the only bike I felt wild and crazy about. So the first phone call I made after ordering my dream was to my Father. My Dad told me that when I get my new bike he is coming out to visit. I’m almost at the point where I will know what it’s like to own a new bike (I’ll take delivery in September), a Harley and the bonus of being able to own the anniversary edition. I just lucked out with the timing. Well that’s my story (a really condensed version). Sure am glad I found this forum.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome to the forum cox9000. Congratulations on the new scoot. The DWG is a real nice bike and I'm sure you'll be pleased with it!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smile

Thanks to all of you. You must be able to relate because I have been smiling (a lot). Even my family seems to be enjoying life better these days, HA! The only way I could explain it would be comparing this feeling to winning the Lotto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts