V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 FXR (1340 Evo). Lots of battery power,proper voltage at coil,
plugs not fouled and sparking. Even changed ignition module. All wires I can see look good. Fuel getting to carb ok. Still wont start!
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I parked the bike it was fine. Tried to start it a couple days later and no dice. No backfires at all.Plugs are brand new (tried 2 sets).I will try some fuel in the carb throat and see what happens. Not sure if fuel is getting from carb to chamber?
Thanks for your input!
Any other ideas would be [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gonna pull the cam cover off tonite. Can't figure out where fuel under the
bike is coming from. After numerous attempts at firing it up, fuel ends up leaking.(black in color!) To cold up here to power wash it to see where it is coming from! I'm starting to get [email protected]
Thanx for the tips all! Any more ideas are greatly appreciated.

Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input. Gonna explore some of those ideas tonite.
Compression seems good. Never tested but pulled the plugs and turned it over,
seems like the compression was good and strong. Got a feeling that the fuel is black because of oil in it. I always shut off the petcock when parked. If and when I would forget to do that it would backfire and run like **** till I blew it out. Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok an update.

I put a rubber ball hockey ball in the carb to form a tight seal.
Turned it over and bang. She fired right up.(even after being in a cold garage and not running for over 3 months). I suspect that means I have an air leak
somewhere. Only thing is once it starts it idles WAY to high. Have to shut
it down in seconds. Can that be the different ignition module I put in it not being compatable? I put a screaming eagle(8000 rpm) that was supposed to
be compatable. Or can that air problem be causing that?
Any ideas will be appreciated!

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.