V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have pretty much decided to put Apes on My Fatboy. I currently have Wild 1 Chubbys 504 bars with about 4" rise and 8" pull back. They look good, but they aren't real comfortable for the long haul.

I have pretty much decided to go with cyclesmiths either a 13" or 16" bar.
Has anyone put either of these bars on their Fatboy? or any 16" apes on a Fatboy?

If so how are they comfort wise? and is there any difference in the handling?
Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Swms w/Bowlegged Women!
186 Posts
I put the Wild1's on my softtail:

And they are for sale :) (check the classified section)

T

·
Swms w/Bowlegged Women!
186 Posts
I have never "shredded" canyons with them, but I have never had handling issues??

As far as comfort, I am 5'5" and they are at shoulder height when I sit on the ride, so just imagine riding at shoulder height, I never found them to be uncomfortable, but as far as getting a full size windshield on it with the apes on, I am not sure it is possible (which is why I have swapped out the bars).

I am going to miss the "character" the apes gave my ride, I am joining the ranks of anonymity :crying:

- T

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go for 16's

I have chbby 12.5's on my fatboy and wish everyday I would have gone with the 16's. I was worried the 16's would be uncomfortable and didn't want to go "radical" Like the 12's but the 16's would look a lot cooler and would be just as comfortable. I do notice it is a little harder to pull a sharp turn at slow speeds in a parking lot.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
FWIW, i found atleast for me that w/ my apes the manuverabilty / handling was better and easier than when i had the stock bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts