V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, Maybe this is the wrong place for this question, but it is technical.

Before I go and destroy my harness, and wiring, I would like to find out if anyone can be of some help.

I have buckhorn style bars. I want to get some height, so i will be putting on risers. These wont be the 6" type, but the next size down. What I want to know, what am I going to run into, like ...is there enough slack in the harness, and wires...I dont want a stretched, or crappy looking wireing going up to the tack, and speedo. Any suggestions, hints or..cautions..would be very helpful. Are there any wiring, or harness extentions available??

Thanks yall

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stratou812........

I would like to know how you come out on this!! I'm seriously considering putting Buckhorns on my '03 1200C Sportster. It has a stock 4" riser. My Harley dealer said they would have to make custom cables due to the 4" riser.

Thanks,

Dan

e-mail - [email protected]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will let you know, seems that the dealership in my area would have gone through this..or just keepin quite to make money for the service department. What Im gonna do is pull the tank, and see what I have for wiring (check for enough slack)..the clutch, throttle seem to have enough length..I just have to get off my dead ass...to do it. The only time I have is weekends..and if the weather is nice..Im gonna ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts