V-Twin Forum banner

117 inch RevPerf Super Billet Head Alive!!

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  nighttrain67 
#1 · (Edited)
I fired up my new rebuilt 117 inch RevPerf Super Billet Head motor today. I still have a few things to take care of as I need a larger diameter head pipe exhaust because I have an exhaust leak. The heads are top notch...my compliments to Brian and Dusty for the incredible work on the heads, intake, and pistons. The motor fired right up, has oil pressure and is getting oil to the rockers......This is going to be a really cool build once I get the Zippers "D2" sorted out and the exhaust issue addressed. Cranking Compression is 225 front/222 rear with the Wood TW-68G cams.

#2 ·
All this on pump gas??? WHOO HOO!!

#3 ·
Sounds like someone is goin' racin'. :)

BTW, I know a very similar build except 103" at 14:1, tricked out heads, same cams and Thunderheader making 125HP and TQ. It's in a PE bike, '99 Dyna frame, 10.90 index but the bike will run 10.50's.

Once yours is dialed in, it should be up in the 130-140's.

#4 · (Edited)
I sure hope your wrong on that one....I was in the mid 140's with a smaller cam, 1-point less compression, smaller carb, and a smaller set of heads. I am looking to get the motor into the mid to upper 150's. We'll see....

#5 ·
nighttrain67 said:
I sure hope your wrong on that one....I was in the mid 140's with a smaller cam, 1-point less compression, smaller carb, and a smaller set of heads. I am looking to get the motor into the mid to upper 150's. We'll see....
I was being a touch conservative.....

The 103 motor did not make big leaps going from 11:1 to 14:1 CR. just fyi.

What's with the Challenge pipe not bolting up to the head correctly?

#6 ·
Good question on the Pipe......I thought it would work. It does not, but I will get it sorted out today. It may be something as simple as machining a larger o.d. cnc gasket. I am going to call RB today and see what they recommend.

#7 ·
nighttrain67 said:
Good question on the Pipe......I thought it would work. It does not, but I will get it sorted out today. It may be something as simple as machining a larger o.d. cnc gasket. I am going to call RB today and see what they recommend.
I've heard that pipe works good on motors like yours. did it come with the billet gasket?

What did you do for the clutch? chain/sprocket drive? extend the swing arm a couple of inches?

Should be a ripsnorter, you're gonna need wheelie bars.....

Git'er done!

#8 ·
The pipe was designed for the 124 Challenge motors, so I think it will work fine for my application, as well. I have a Rivera Brute III, and pro clutch. The bike has been converted to final chain drive (3.42 final drive ratio), and the swing arm is stock. The pipes did come with the CNC gaskets, and I believe all that I need to do is get a bigger o.d diameter gasket made. I talked to Brian N. this morning and he told me he would get it done if RB Racing was either unable, or unwilling to help. Looks like Brian is gonna stick with me right through this whole build till I get it done.......Too bad there are not more like him out there......With a lot of places, the customer service is done when the sale is complete.....Not so with my experience so far with RevPerf.

#9 ·
Hi Nighttrain67,

I would be interested in where you wind up in addressing the exhaust leak issue.

I was just about ready to order the same exact pipes for my build.

I am doing another 131" build (with the help of HDWRENCH) using the same RevPerf billet heads, 640g cam, 12:1 compression, etc.

My Previous 131" build with Magnacharger supercharger chewed up pinion support bearing and housing in Magnacharger...I belive the needle bearing just to small to deal with the load and tolerance issues that might occur at the end of the shaft. Tired of dealing with heat issues with the supercharger so going back to naturally aspirated 131" build usiing the RevPerf heads.

Thanks,

#10 ·
GLance.....if you have not ordered the pipe yet, just tell Robert you want the 124 Challenge pipe with a 2" head pipe. I did not have these heads when I ordered this pipe, so he sent the pipe with the stock diameter head pipe that steps up to 2"about an inch after that. You will love these heads.....they are very nice.

#12 ·
Steve.....the 124 Challenge Pipe is not a bolt on with the Billet Heads unless you specify you want the 2" head pipe. I have been through all of this in the last couple of days. If you have not ordered the pipe, it is no big deal, just order the right one. They are built to order. Also, Steve, are you sure yours is faster than mine????? Your bigger, but I am gaining on you!!! I want to get into the 160's with a 117.......We'll see.

#13 ·
EVERY one that is running the 124 challange motors use a 2 inch head pipe. That is what I should had said. And having said that i too am going to bolt on a new set of billet heads along with more compression bigger and cam and oh yea a bigger throttle body. But you know my goal is 180, I am making my own head pipe and going to use a modified backhalf od the white bros e-pipe. Will see how it works. 2 in to 2 1/8 to the collector

#14 ·
OK.........Your faster than me. You win!! Ha Ha. Your gonna love these heads, Steve. This thing sounds like a monster with this compression and the TW-68G. I think the Zippers "D2" is going to be a bit of a trick to tune, but I think it is going to keep me busy for a while. Half the fun is playing around with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.