V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started new thread - ' 113 build ??? ' getting a little long...

My case is due back on Monday - don't have price yet - but was quoted $250.00 for boring only portion some asked in other thread. They are doing other stuff as well - new stator - cam alignment - new oil pump

Not doing bearing conversion, yet to be conviced that it helps - haven't heard of many major problems by not converting. Comments?

build recap - 103/113 SE stroker crank in a B case. 113" cylinders with HTCC pistons. HTCC ported heads. SE 51mm CV card and intake. SE264 cam - .635 lift, SE lifters. Perfect fit pushrods (have calapsed two sets af adjustables so far) going in 2000 FXST so adjustable map ignition is my limit.
Primary gear reduction 21 tooth vs. 25 tooth stock on crank side primary. ( clutch has been upgraded to handle 150 lbs torque+) Basically upgrading my 95" to 113" - 95" made 108 hp with 110 torque on old setup (items from above minus stroker and larger jugs).

Questions - extra ~500 or so worth rollers and forged cam plates?
notes: - I've running 264 cam in 95" for about 6000 miles - no issues and no noticable wear on rockers or valve stem/guides.

Any thoughts on jet size for carb(will be using V&H 2into1 pro pipe with race baffle)

Will post dyno results after break in. 130 torque should be easily attainable with primary gear change - B will limit RPM to 6200 and HP as well - any guesses where I'll end up? - real results will be coming soon...

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
If you get anywhere near your predicted power levels, your gonna wish you did the Timken conversion while you had the chance. If you have the cases still split, I would get the bearing conversion done......it is extra added insurance that you save you a pile of money down the road. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
111 Posts
nighttrain67 said:
If you get anywhere near your predicted power levels, your gonna wish you did the Timken conversion while you had the chance. If you have the cases still split, I would get the bearing conversion done......it is extra added insurance that you save you a pile of money down the road. Just my 2 cents.
@gree: As to the rest of it --- ain't even gonna go there!%[email protected] :whistle:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since my is 2000 model - don't I aready have tappered rollers? Didn't look that close at case before sent it off but other post's confirm that's what I should have.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
03 was the first year that the timken was not used on the left side of the crank you have the timken . Enjoy the new build

·
Registered
111 Posts
"since my is 2000 model - don't I aready have tappered rollers? Didn't look that close at case before sent it off but other post's confirm that's what I should have."

Ahhh, yep. Didn't know it was pre '03 --- never mind.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I strongly recommend the Roller Rockers and Forged Rocker Support Plate.
Stock cam support plate is fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was checking end clearance on existing stock rockers and end play is .035 or so. Book calls for no more than .025 so new rollers and forged cam plates have been ordered. should be getting everything back later this week - maybe on the road before April...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
forged rocker support was ordered - knew what he didn't type--

Anyway - help on carb jetting - old setup was 95" same heads, carb and cam as well as CR (10.5) - jetting was 50 inter with 200 main - used "k" needle from tuners kit - was dead on on dyno - no blips and exhaust o2 was on

Should 113" be close to same jetting?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forged rocker plate on back-order - how much better is it than stock? ie worth wating on? keep in mind keeping chain drive cams for now - no gear up grade on this build. Getting case back on tuesday, also anyone know why new 4.060 bore cylinders have sleeve about 1.5" longer than stock? they even have little cuts for oil jet they stick down in case so far.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
gnd_hog1967 said:
Forged rocker plate on back-order - how much better is it than stock? ie worth wating on? keep in mind keeping chain drive cams for now - no gear up grade on this build. Getting case back on tuesday, also anyone know why new 4.060 bore cylinders have sleeve about 1.5" longer than stock? they even have little cuts for oil jet they stick down in case so far.
There are other rocker support plates available and with the 264 cam, you don't want stock. PM HDWrench, he should be able to help.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
What about getting rid of the balancers and chain, rebalance the 'wheels and crank assembly and then it's basically a hard mounted A motor?

Heard this was the way to go on big inch B motors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shortly after rebuild, bike is going for sale - I'm working on BS degree at night - basically fulltime student and work full time = no ride time.

So keeping balancer for 'smoothness' resale factor - I've riden many pre 'B' softails - and they are anything but soft. Gave it (removing chain and balancers) some thought - but stopped there.

After graduation - and subsequent pay raise $$$ - plan on building new bike up - looking for used 99' up wide glide or something. Plan on putting in S&S TC 145" w/ VFI - closed loop dual sensors - with Procharger intercooled supercharger - and all the other bells and whistes (6 speed etc)....... shooting for hp around 250 or so. Basically grew up tweeking TPI camaros - have 383 stoker with L98 intake w/ procharger in my truck, programmed all my own epproms etc, know a little about FI.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Good luck with a 145" in a stock frame - used at that. I give it about 75 days before the first crack, unless your going to do some serious modification. Not a criticisim, just a heads up:)

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
compressor#v said:
Good luck with a 145" in a stock frame - used at that. I give it about 75 days before the first crack, unless your going to do some serious modification. Not a criticisim, just a heads up:)

Not to mention the 145 wont fit..There for a custom frame only it is 1.350 taller than a stock 88....On the S&S homepage under tech tips and general information see the 145 and me...:RTFB:
:thumbsdn:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The 145 is not set up for a super charger you would have to do a bunch of work to make it handle the increase boost. Cheaper to start from ground zero and build it up from there. And bang for the buck for the kind of pw I would turbo. Ok guys I have built too many of these super charger that are off the right side. I do not care who is selling them the crank is not designed to handle that force on the little pinion side. Left side set ups that are gear drive yes they work. The reason the put them on the right is not for any other reason than it is easy and cheap. After using the BIG brand X companies and they all have the say BS story when they break.

Ok I feel better, well kinda LOL

Turbo v-rod all stock no mods to engine at all including fuel system with a turbo. Makes 180 all day long on pump gas that not enough ok add the big bore cams head porting and more boost. try 220 on pump gas, want more??? bump the compressuion and boost add race fuel and 250+ is there still stock bottom end. Add a turbo to a 80 inch evo with small cam head porting and 160 hp is but a twist away.

All kind of items you can do but really I have ridden a 220 hp v-rod insane yes , but very usable??? Makes my bike seem like a stocker. I have ridden 800 nirto drag bike fast oh hell yea to the tune of 7's in the 1/4 get my point??

A good soild engine making 130/130 is more than enough and really do you or can you use much more than that?? I have 160+ on tap and I can tell you that 50 MPH I can smoke a 200 Metzler tire, so mine is not very usable. It is very streetable but hammer it and I can get behind a stocker until it hooks then all bets are off. I take his paint off on the way by.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was aware of some of the techincal challenges - thanks for input - sure I'll have more later but again that build is year or two away.

Procharger system is left side install with new outer primary.

http://www.procharger.com/motorcycle.shtml

Tubing up to intake will be custom job as well. Picked 145 since you can get it made to CR of 9 or so. Wasn't planning going with off the shelf motor - but custom built for application - wanting cubes...

Back to 113" build - staying with stock rocker plates - for now. Saw thread on busted plate - believe it was lifter problem that started event. Been running 640 cam with ported HTCC heads in 95" versions for about 5000 miles wiht no issues - aware spring pressure is a bit much at 195# but they (SE HD)didn't put 195# springs on just because - or I least I hope.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also - bike will play on the street but live on the track. A quick change of MAP/timing and PRV setting on supercharger is all that's needed to go from pump gas to 110 race fuel - provided CR at 9 or so. I've also riden a boss hoss with enough hp to smoke tire at any time and I did. Anyone can burn rubber - getting it down the track is what counts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts