V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as it says, what does it take to do this, New Pistons and a bore job? What brand of pistons etc. Anything as to know??

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
The cases would have to be bored for the bigger cylinders, and you'd have to purchase cylinders/pistons, and either HTCC or 103+ heads. And I would advise a Timken conversion while you have the cases apart. Your 110 would come alive with having your heads ported, along with cams and pipe that would compliment the port job.

·
Piece of Work
414 Posts
Stay away from the SE 113, they are having problems with it. I agree with compressor. Port your heads, get a good set of cams and a pipe. You will be much better off.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
hogger, I gave you a bit of mis-information. H-D does have 4.060" pistons that will fit your heads. However you will have to machine your cases as I stated earlier. Apologize for any confusion I may have created.

·
Registered
168 Posts
if you use the se 113 cyl make sure you mic the bores before you open the pistons pkg
all 3 sets of cyl i used this last winter were junk from the start
i had to bore the new cyl to get a strait hole and 5 over pistons were a bear to get
do the crank bearing up grade wile the case,s are beeing bored
and have the crank trued and pined or welded
the three i did were all 103 cvo to 113 builds
using the cvo heads ported with stock valves

115 tourq and 126 hp

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
We have been doing a large amount of work on the CVO 110 engines here in the last year. Many upgrades have stemmed from the leaking heads gaskets. We weld the heads and combustion chamber, add a cam and lapp the cylinder bases. Check cylinders for out of round or taper and overall kits make in the high teens hp/tq with slip on exhaust systems. The 110 engine has a great amount of power to be unleashed with the correct work done to it.

We have done several in the last two months for timken/ and crank upgrades as the customer is tired of his factory warranty that is worthless as they will replace the bad crank with the same item.

That would be the definiton of insanity doing the same thing over and over thinking you will get different results!!!!

Two have brand new engines from HD that failed in less than 5K on both of the engines,...both had the same problems they had to start with. So the customers bike is done for several weeks at a time while they still make the payments to only end up with another bad engine??

There are fixes but nothing that the harley shop can help you with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Sir!
This is Mr. DW Kim living in south Korea.
I'm looking for engine assembly of 2008 Roadking CVO as 110 cubic inch big twin.
Could you reply with quote if available?
Thanks!!
Dongwoo Kim

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
There are alot of ways and recipes to get there from where you are, basically it comes down to, your budget and what you expect from the motor in terms of power and longevity.
The cheap method is use harley cylinders/pistons, Split and bore the cases and slap it back together, you have a 113. Total cost should be under $1500 if you do all the wrenching. I would do the timken bearing while the case is split. It will have a little more power and longevity is quite like the stock 110. Unless i was on a budget i would not do it this way, i would leave it alone unless it was already broken. If it was broken i would have a shopping list.
My belief is size upgrades should produce power and increase the life of the engine or why did i waste all that money, for 3".? That would be counterproductive $500 per inch with no real benefits. Why?
So there are many many more ways to go 113. If you were planning on keeping the bike forever, i would unbolt the engine and put an aftermarket 113-124 In it

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
How about just boring out the stock 110 cylinders out to 113". this way you do not need to split the cases and bore out the spigots. Have done it many times with great success. dsv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts