V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the reflectors on the forks just glued on? i want to remove them but i cant tell if they are stuck on or bolted

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
They are probably glued on, but why are you taking them off? The bike will not pass inspection in MA if they are removed (and the inspector notices this).

rkc

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
They are probably glued on, but why are you taking them off? The bike will not pass inspection in MA if they are removed (and the inspector notices this).

rkc
Delaware is the same way, I woudn't take em off.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
They are stuck on with double sided tape. Use a blow dryer or heat gun to heat them up then run some strong fishing line down the back to get them off. Use some Goo Off to get the rest of the sticky stuff off. Fork reflectors look like crap. Removing them is one of the first things i do to a new bike. I know it's not a concern [as far as inspections] if you live in IL.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
+1 w/ MilesToGo
I feel bad for those that live in inspection mandated states. I thought we lived in a free country. Seems some of us do and some don't.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
+1 w/ MilesToGo
I feel bad for those that live in inspection mandated states. I thought we lived in a free country. Seems some of us do and some don't.
+2........:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts