V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two charts are attached. One is the final results of my 107ci with TR-625 cams. The other chart is a comparison of the same engine with the TR-625 cams (tuned; upper curves) and the TW-8G+2 key (untuned; lower curves).

Below is the listing of components used on this build. Thoughts, comments or recommendations?

2002 Road King Classic
Mileage - 60K miles

SAE - 119tq/119hp
STD - 123tq/123hp
Uncorrected - 124tq/124hp

107ci All-Bore Engine (10.3 Static/9.4 Corrected - originally thought to be 10.5 static)
Tuned by JC Cycle Works

Dark Horse - Overhaul/weld/balance OEM crankcase/flywheel assembly
Axtell “4.125 x 4” Cylinders/Dome Piston (10cc) Kit
T-Man Stage III Heads (93cc/1.940" Int/1.615" Exh) and compression releases
S&S Roller Rockers
HD “B” Lifters and Camplate with Baisley/LMR oil pressure spring
Feuling Oil Pump
T-Man TR-625 cams
HPI 51mm Throttlebody w/4.9 gps injectors
Zippers MaxFlow Air Filter and Pushrods
D&D Fat Cat exhaust with Big Bore Quiet baffle
HD Premium Oil Cooler
TTS Master Tuner
3.37 final gear ratio
VP92T VPC w/SE clutch spring and easy-pull clutch ramp

In my engine, the TR-625 and TW-8G cams made the same level of valve train noise -- low.

The clutch plates will be replaced shortly. Took the bike on a 20 mile run in single digit temps, but it took that long to get the engine to somewhat warm up. A longer ride will be necessary to truly assess the bike's performance.

Attachments

·
Doof! There it is.....
1,027 Posts
Very nice. I'm really pleased with my T-Man parts, and Dave can tune them really well.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
curves look almost identical, only 8 cam is a bit lower. so he tuned the 625, and the swapped in the 8? untuned? making sure i read that right.

·
******* Extraordinaire
681 Posts
curves look almost identical, only 8 cam is a bit lower. so he tuned the 625, and the swapped in the 8? untuned? making sure i read that right.
Dennis, I think you got that backwards. I think he removed the 8 (untuned), installed the 625, and then tuned it.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Breaks a 100 torque very early in the power band and pulls well out the top, can't ask for more than that, what did Dave say about the little nipple in the graph lines?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
OK, unusual spike in the torque and HP line then. Just look a little closer at the overall torque curve and tell me what you see. I bet Ahar would recognize it in a second.

·
extant
301 Posts
OK, unusual spike in the torque and HP line then. Just look a little closer at the overall torque curve and tell me what you see. I bet Ahar would recognize it in a second.

Very, very nice rodriguc! Should be a lot of fun.

I'm looking to do a similar build on my Dyna.

That dyno spike has been seen here before.

Doc did a 107 tune last year that had a nipple like that.

Must be the cold weather!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I guess the extra cubic inches of the motor brings it up......must be tired, not looking at it right.....

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Breaks a 100 torque very early in the power band and pulls well out the top, can't ask for more than that, what did Dave say about the little nipple in the graph lines?
He said it could have been the dyno machine spiking, though he admitted it was consistant in all the runs. I suspected the clutch, but was hoping to hear from others here on this abnormality before replacing the clutch. Thanks.

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very, very nice rodriguc! Should be a lot of fun.

I'm looking to do a similar build on my Dyna.

That dyno spike has been seen here before.

Doc did a 107 tune last year that had a nipple like that.

Must be the cold weather!
Thank you. Weather -- hmmm, never crossed my mind. I take it Doc didn't provide any explanation for spike?

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
He said it could have been the dyno machine spiking, though he admitted it was consistant in all the runs. I suspected the clutch, but was hoping to hear from others here on this abnormality before replacing the clutch. Thanks.
maybe vpc.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I have seen this at different times on my own machine and was told here is was RF, almost always seems to be around that 4250 rpm mark.(on my dyno anyway)

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Have seen it closer to the cross, here.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Just got a message from Dynojet telling me my stack is done(redone) and ready for shipping, I have to call them tomorrow for payment and I will ask them about the spike.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
leave it unplugged? battery go bad?
Looks that way, got home too late again today to call them, will find out Monday, at least it was nothing serious.
Back to the original topic, will look forward to hearing more about this 107 build, just something about that bore stroke combo that really runs out awesome, Dennis, when you gonna bite the bullet and get that 114 built?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts