V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , any 1 got a number map for a gmr 107 RR cast heads 55tb 585g with the 6gear indercater so the light works , the map the usless hd shop put in pings and idels at 1900 for say 10secs b4 it goes normal
thanks
 

·
Sub Par Member
Joined
·
769 Posts
Which injectors are you using in your 55mm tb? I'm running a GMR 107" with R&R ported stock heads, Andrews 55 cam, and HP 55mm tb using the SE 4.89 injectors. I'm currently using map # 359, but I leaned it out to about a 13.4 AFR. This map is setup very rich from Zipper's. It's not perfect, but I've found it to be the best overall for power and rideability, no pinging, popping, etc.

I also tried map# 365 for a while, which is for a Zipper's 120" build using the 4.89 injectors. This map had slightly better acceleration in the 3000-3800 rpm range where I have a slight torque dip, but I did get some pinging. I think the timing was a bit too advanced and I went back to #359.

Oh yeah, 6th gear indicator works fine for me with both of the maps I mentioned.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im running the stock injectors , also running stock header with SS slipons which probly dont make a lot of diff.
also wondering how close a map is needed as im thinking it wont auto adjust a great deal ?
thanks 4 the quick replys guys
 

·
Sub Par Member
Joined
·
769 Posts
Lots of maps for the Zipper's 107" build using stock injectors on their 54mm tb. I think most of them are setup for their Redshift 657 cam. I don't know the specs on the cam, but you can find it on their website and see if it's a close match to yours.

You can always download the software from Thunder-Max. Download the manual too, and the activation code is on one of the first few pages. That way you can see all the maps available to get an idea. Keep in mind that Zipper's has a tendency to provide richer maps. They are definitely not setup for fuel economy.

The default max correction for AFR is 20% over the entire map. This can be raised if needed but I wouldn't think you'd need to. The AFR will tune itself to what the map is set for in most instances. I think it's the timing you need to get closer, as this is not auto tuned.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i put in 365 today and it does ping a little , recon ill try the 359 tomorow :)
is it best to get a dyno done or is that a waste and i need to just play with maps ?
thanks guys
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
yep, you will need a dyno. timing is important on all builds, but especially on a build zippers has not mapped.

in the smartlink software, you can set for difference in injector size. this should get you closer on autotuning after a few run cycles.

last 107 build is reporting tire smoking, stretched arms, and 42 mpg hwy, 37 city. he will be back soon for dyno, untill then, i made sure timing was a little soft and have had him emailing pics of his plugs. no detonation reported.
 

·
Sub Par Member
Joined
·
769 Posts
claydbal said:
last 107 build is reporting tire smoking, stretched arms, and 42 mpg hwy, 37 city. he will be back soon for dyno, untill then, i made sure timing was a little soft and have had him emailing pics of his plugs. no detonation reported.
claydbal, do you remember which map you used?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ended up going with 346 after trying 359 with some ping , 346 has no ping even in 6th underload, will lift easy as when i had the pc3

OK after a 50m ride i came back home n put 365 back in , its about the best 4 me ,the 346 made my pipes sound real bad with lots of poping
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
Snaps said:
claydbal, do you remember which map you used?
oops, sorry, forgot to look at the shop----- IIRC, i used a 103 map with the 53? TB from zippers, do remember the redshift cam listed, and zippers headwork, and in this case, the fatcat pipe.

first map i tried had idle too high till engine warmed, think it was 395 or something, but really cant remember the one that worked best.

something else i remember is the map name ended with 10307 I THINK!!! i will see if i can get bike owner to read map and post it--------

sorry for rambling, it was busy week and im brain farting more as i keep typing.

i sent owner a pm, maybe he will chime in later.to help.
 

·
Sub Par Member
Joined
·
769 Posts
BACAMICK said:
ended up going with 346 after trying 359 with some ping , 346 has no ping even in 6th underload, will lift easy as when i had the pc3

OK after a 50m ride i came back home n put 365 back in , its about the best 4 me ,the 346 made my pipes sound real bad with lots of poping
Your Streetbob's stock headers probably didn't like that #346 map for the FL pipe. Don't forget to change the injector size like claydbal said to match your build if you stay with #365.

claydbal said:
i sent owner a pm, maybe he will chime in later.to help.
Thanks! Even though mine's running pretty good right now, I figure there's always room for improvement. It's my "mess with a perfectly good thing til you break it" theory.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
291 Posts
claydbal said:
oops, sorry, forgot to look at the shop----- IIRC, i used a 103 map with the 53? TB from zippers, do remember the redshift cam listed, and zippers headwork, and in this case, the fatcat pipe.

first map i tried had idle too high till engine warmed, think it was 395 or something, but really cant remember the one that worked best.

something else i remember is the map name ended with 10307 I THINK!!! i will see if i can get bike owner to read map and post it--------

sorry for rambling, it was busy week and im brain farting more as i keep typing.

i sent owner a pm, maybe he will chime in later.to help.
The map in my bike is 388 ZEEBMJBCEE040907.slk. The bike runs great. When riding today with friends and pass them all up like they were standing still.~!Awesome! ~!Awesome!
 

·
Sub Par Member
Joined
·
769 Posts
Thanks, guys.

I wonder how it would work on a GMR 107" with the Andrews 55 cam, R&R ported heads, HP Inc 55mm tb with SE 4.89 injectors and Fatcat.

Timing is a little more advanced than the map I'm using, but mostly not as much as the other Zipper's map I tried that was pinging a bit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
Snaps said:
Thanks, guys.

I wonder how it would work on a GMR 107" with the Andrews 55 cam, R&R ported heads, HP Inc 55mm tb with SE 4.89 injectors and Fatcat.

Timing is a little more advanced than the map I'm using, but mostly not as much as the other Zipper's map I tried that was pinging a bit.
your build and capt vics are close enough it should work. his was fat at low speds till it tuned in, so far, no reports of ping and vic is south of new orleans and pulls on that motor hard.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes my compresion , i no it not good but thats wat i got till we sort it out , dont wana not ride
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top