V-Twin Forum banner

107" kits Which way do I go?

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  GRock 
#1 ·
Axtell, Jim's,S@S,Zipper's,SE,ETC...... Reliable? Power? Quality?If it breaks how long before I'm back on the road. Prices, parts, Way to many options. I'm having trouble narrowing the field.

#3 ·
I like and sell the Revolution kits great cylinders no problem with ring sealing( check some back post on axtells on that issue) easy to do great product.

You do need to remove engine, split case's and have the case bored for the larger cylinders to fit. other than that the rest is a basic build decide what you are looking for choose a cam, and head work and a larger carb of throttle body, and there you are . SOUNDS SIMPLE HUH!!??? lol it is not for the avg guy, there are plenty of items and special tools needed to support case for bearings and such . But the options are pack up the lower end and ship it for the work. I get many sent to me that way, I bore the case's set the end play and can do the timken conversion if needed , put the bottom end together and ship it back. You then can finish with top end and go from there. Shipping is not too bad I have a friend that owns a crating buisness so I have him build the crate it shows up you pack it and return it . B motors get a bit more complicated as there a few extra things that I do to ensure the the balancers sprocket stays put on the crank.

The 104 and 114 are great running set ups, not uncommon fro 120's for the 107 and 130 with the 114. Give me a call if you would like

#4 ·
HDWRENCH said:
I like and sell the Revolution kits great cylinders no problem with ring sealing( check some back post on axtells on that issue) easy to do great product.

You do need to remove engine, split case's and have the case bored for the larger cylinders to fit. other than that the rest is a basic build decide what you are looking for choose a cam, and head work and a larger carb of throttle body, and there you are . SOUNDS SIMPLE HUH!!??? lol it is not for the avg guy, there are plenty of items and special tools needed to support case for bearings and such . But the options are pack up the lower end and ship it for the work. I get many sent to me that way, I bore the case's set the end play and can do the timken conversion if needed , put the bottom end together and ship it back. You then can finish with top end and go from there. Shipping is not too bad I have a friend that owns a crating buisness so I have him build the crate it shows up you pack it and return it . B motors get a bit more complicated as there a few extra things that I do to ensure the the balancers sprocket stays put on the crank.

The 104 and 114 are great running set ups, not uncommon fro 120's for the 107 and 130 with the 114. Give me a call if you would like
Make sure you tell them what heads your going to use ! Happy New Year

#8 · (Edited)
Zippers Kit is made by Axtell, last I heard. 107 all bore is a favorite build for us here. My own personal bike is a 107 with the Deweys Heads that he prototyped for that build. Woods TW6HG torque cam makes 115HP and a fast rising 125 lbs of TQ. Got well into the 120's on HP and TQ with the Wood TW8 and the Andrews 67. 107 is smooth and you can turn it into a real high end runner or real good torque monster. If you are going with the WRENCH, might as well go with the 114 for a few bucks more. No extra work needed and Dewey has the formula for these heads, too, with slightly expanded combustion chambers and all the other goodies. Smooth power all the way up the line. Love those over square designs on a v-twin!! If EFI you WILL need larger throttle body and SERT or TCFI tuning modules. Powercommander doesn't get you there with those cubes. Christmas is coming and you deserve it!! Happy New Year, fijfi!!

#11 · (Edited)
Hey HDWrench,

Say someone pulled their motor and shipped it to you, can you give us an idea how much$$$ (Ballpark) it would cost to do a 107 or a 114 and do the zipper's bearing kit at the same time while you're there? I already have Dewey's heads so I'm good there.

I have no idea how much shipping would be back and forth but I'm wondering if it's feasible. Would that be something you're even interested in doing for us? Like I said ballpark just to get an idea.

#13 ·
To me send the engine to you is a very good offer. My situation is very different from people living in the us.

here nobody can make that work with the experience hdwrench has.

Even with shipping costs of send the engone to the us!

#15 · (Edited)
Well

HMMMM so the JE piston that zippers use's is not the same as the axtell kit?? And the cylinder is not the same either?? Other than having zippers machined in the base , Give Chaz or Ron a call at axtell, and see what they they say.

Regardless I do get several engines sent to me from across the country on a regular basis, If you are intrested in a qoute give me a call. NO way I will ballpark a build. I will however take the time to build you a qoute that will be correct for your application. Way to many options to ballpark something like that.

I like the over square 114 set up, I was just talking to Dewey about using his heads on my next 114 build. I like the woods tw8 in the 114 making 130/130 is nice.

#17 ·
That's cool... but at least we know that we could have you do the work. Good deal teaming up with the Lizard Man, He know his heads.... just don't drink anything he sends you.

HDWRENCH said:
Well

HMMMM so the JE piston that zippers use's is not the same as the axtell kit?? And the cylinder is not the same either?? Other than having zippers machined in the base , Give Chaz or Ron a call at axtell, and see what they they say.

Regardless I do get several engines sent to me from across the country on a regular basis, If you are intrested in a qoute give me a call. NO way I will ballpark a build. I will however take the time to build you a qoute that will be correct for your application. Way to many options to ballpark something like that.

I like the over square 114 set up, I was just talking to Dewey about using his heads on my next 114 build. I like the woods tw8 in the 114 making 130/130 is nice.

#18 ·
Well no reason not to He is not but a short trip to test RIDE it HMMMM how fast can we go across NM ???? Yes I plan on having Dewey do the next couple of sets. I want to try the 98 with his heads and a 37g or maybe something bigger . I had a customer use a 585 and got good numbers would like to try a few other more crazy cams with the 98 to see what we can do.

#20 ·
Here's some numbers for the 98" with 37G and Deweys Gila Monster heads (slightly modified by Dewey over his regular ProStreet offerings).

With Bassani Prostreets, 10.2 compression 101.9 HP 107.6 TQ

With VH Propipe, 101.2 HP 109.8 TQ

Also tested with TW6HG, TW8 and Andrews 67.

Someday I'll learn how to post dyno graphs!

G

#21 ·
lOOKS great I have seen 108 tq (37g)with mild port work with our stage I but not the hp as flow will help there as it should. I am in love with the 98 inch kit it just gets better and better. The numbers that you can get on such a low budget is out of this world. I am looking forward to the 98 in process now ( ron your reading this??) 10.2 compression a woods tw8 and a cv 44 carb that I am planning on working over should really get it. I have seen 113 tq with over 108 hp with a 585 S&S cam so I am really chopin at the bit to see what this next monster will do with Deweys pro heads!!!!!!!

#24 ·
Yes . Steve i am looking and i too am druleing to get started and see what happens. Maybe kick some butt here in tenn.As i said earlier have a great xmas and and i want the first Calender with the GMR Lady . Yall have a great one and thanks . Ron (Booggerbe0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.