V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
WooHoo, another 1/2 inch last night, that's 1 inch for the month. I know what you mean twood, the only grass,er, weeds that are growing are along the edge if the road. A/C water from passing cars maybe. We haven't had dew for quite a while. The bird crap is baked to the cars.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I wish I had an AC in the garage, have a project I'm set up to enjoy doing but has been just to friggen hot for to enjoy, The heat changes the dogs mood, I'll see the dogs get let outside, they just stand on the porch with a look that say's "REALLY?"

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wish I had an AC in the garage, have a project I'm set up to enjoy doing but has been just to friggen hot for to enjoy, The heat changes the dogs mood, I'll see the dogs get let outside, they just stand on the porch with a look that say's "REALLY?"
Geez $89 at the Walmart clearance sale will get a window unit. One with remote would be good so you could mount it high being cool air falls and it would take a tall azzhole to try to steal it from the outside. I have to carry my dog to the door to put her out. In the afternoon/evening she happily goes out. How does a dog know it's cooler outside after spending all day in the ac?

You want to know how humid it is in NC? Take a shower don't dry off and put your clothes on. I was just out in the garden picking tomatoes to dry and by the time I got back in the house my right nut was stuck to my left leg.lol Just kidding, but I did head to the shower.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It's been pretty nice here in upstate NY. Temps this week in the upper 80's the last couple days. I'm on a lake and seem to get a nice breeze most of the time off the water. Downside is I left the motorcycle in FL. I was only planning on being here a weekend, work said I could work remote from wherever I wanted... I didn't go home.
Forecast this weekend is mostly sunny 87, 88 degrees.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
cap, you just need a shirt like Mungo Jerry's and you will have a nice cool ride on the trike.

I sold the trike and ride the C 50. At the moment I am contemplating another heritage. A primo FXR was on fb for 6k in Wilmington. It was more, but most are put off by the age. They don't know what they missed. I tried to get a pic and the info for this forum, but it was a share and I haven't figured out how to do that on my phone. It shares to Tapatalk and other sites then what. I haven't gone beyond the what. Anyways I find it interesting when the members post a utube video and I get to see the crazy chit y'all look at.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's been pretty nice here in upstate NY. Temps this week in the upper 80's the last couple days. I'm on a lake and seem to get a nice breeze most of the time off the water. Downside is I left the motorcycle in FL. I was only planning on being here a weekend, work said I could work remote from wherever I wanted... I didn't go home.
Forecast this weekend is mostly sunny 87, 88 degrees.
Rent a bike for the day and you don't have to clean it when you are finished.yes

·
Registered
649 Posts
LOL, I helped my neighbor install an AC unit in his garage today, after fixing his truck yesterday, but I;m not sure why, so much sh!t in there you can't get anything in there anyways,, I miss my dog, The ole lady is moody about the heat too.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
LOL, I helped my neighbor install an AC unit in his garage today, after fixing his truck yesterday, but I;m not sure why, so much sh!t in there you can't get anything in there anyways,, I miss my dog, The ole lady is moody about the heat too.
Yeah what kind of dog you want? Myrtle Beach shelter will get you a dog and get someone to bring it to you. Of course you might have to drive a few miles to get it because they have a van full and sometimes a Cessna full. All the rich people live on the beach and they have the best.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wayne I mean rain it has been thunderstorming since 2 not enough yet to equal a half inch. It did cool down so I saved a couple nickels on the ac today. It is running up the coast so I am getting the edges of the storms.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I sold the trike and ride the C 50. At the moment I am contemplating another heritage. A primo FXR was on fb for 6k in Wilmington. It was more, but most are put off by the age. They don't know what they missed. I tried to get a pic and the info for this forum, but it was a share and I haven't figured out how to do that on my phone. It shares to Tapatalk and other sites then what. I haven't gone beyond the what. Anyways I find it interesting when the members post a utube video and I get to see the crazy chit y'all look at.

I will keep an eye out for FXR's in your area and notify you if any look promising.
Re: The Heat - It can make you a little testy like these two jacks.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I will keep an eye out for FXR's in your area and notify you if any look promising.
Re: The Heat - It can make you a little testy like these two jacks.

Well I am in the middle since I have thoughts about a another heritage too. Buffy said he next to never sees a FXR for sale in his area where I see 1-2 a month. Tall handlebars and forward controls is what most have which is not for me.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Snake boots anyone? My son is a log truck driver and this is the cutter who almost stepped on it leaving the cab.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Well I am in the middle since I have thoughts about a another heritage too. Buffy said he next to never sees a FXR for sale in his area where I see 1-2 a month. Tall handlebars and forward controls is what most have which is not for me.

How about a Candy Glide over by Birmingham? I forget where you live. How far would you travel?

He's got a red '91 for sale too.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Where are these at? The 91 is better. I'd have to sell some stock I spent my fun money. That seems like a long ways off being you in VT. besides I have a screwball life right now with the wife in the nursing home. Some days I feel like jumping out the window except this is a one story house.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Oh boy a hurricane is coming to the east coast. Good fishing down at the beach before it gets here won't catch nothing after it blows by. At least it will be comfortable for a couple days after it departs.

·
Registered
649 Posts
After 33 days of high 90's and next to no rain, it rained most of the day and calling for showers for the next week,

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Ya rain here most of the day too. Only one 90+ day in the 10 day forecast. So the heat wave is over and its back to mid 80's with 60's at night. Gonna rain a lot too, so the whole pattern has changed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
We were 115 again today......1 more day they say.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts