V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was hotter yesterday. I was talking to a fellow in Wisconsin about a part for my Jeep and he spoke about how hot it is up there. Then my buddy Buffaloguy who just returned from an 8 day ride was complaining about the heat in Indiana. I was wondering what y'all call hot north of the Mason Dixon line. My ex mil lives in Portland Maine and she thinks it's hot at 80° and 40% humidity.lol

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
At 106° I think I would melt like the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz.
Anything over 85°- 90° and over 65% is hot to me.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here in west-central VA we've had 100* days too , 105 indexed, for nearly a week, and have at least a week to go they say. Rain is very scattered, I've had none for a month, lawn is dead, trees are dropping leaves from heat stress. My neighbor gave up on his garden, drying up. Go 10 miles in any direction they get rain and things are still growing, barely. Been building a chicken coop in the shade.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Southern Indiana suppose to be setting in a soup bowl according to geologist talks among folks that did not go to school for being a geologist, either way you can't breath very well here it seems and 106 yesterday made me sick, I had no appetite

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Its been hot as balls here in south central PA too. 98 yesterday and 95 today before the storm clouds blocked out the sun 16 days in the 90's this month and 24 already this year. The average is 22 days in the 90's for whole year. And there has been almost no rain here this month. A few showers as storms go by and one town away might get an inch while we get a sprinkle. Last night we got the inch, and will prolly get some more today. But the first storm has already skirted to our north, so all we got was the thunder and lightening.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in town today getting my wheel alignment and couple rollers installed on the Jeep I sat in the ac waiting room, but the guys working in the bays with the wide open doors facing the afternoon sun had it hard. By the time I got home unloaded the groceries I was about to pass out. I made some leftovers laid down on the couch at 4:30 and I just woke up at 10. Oh well the good movies are on late anyways.

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
It started raining here within 30 minutes of my last post and rained straight through till about 9pm. Cooled down well into the 70's while it was raining. Just put the trash on the curb, and its like a sauna out there now.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Heat is cooking the planted corn here across my road, you can smell that silk cooking! Never was a good smell to my nose.

·
Registered
649 Posts
It started raining here within 30 minutes of my last post and rained straight through till about 9pm. Cooled down well into the 70's while it was raining. Just put the trash on the curb, and its like a sauna out there now.
Same here, first rain this month, but was was less then a half inch here, so I guess the weeds will live. About 30 miles away they got 3 inches. No trash collection here, burning pits and a dump a couple miles away.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I swear I can smell my neighbors cows cooking.
I be glad when the corn is gone they plant right to the corner of the property line. For 3 months I have to actually stop at a stop sign to see oncoming traffic. My neighbors lawn mower woke me this morning. He was out there at 6am trying to beat the heat. My mower has a 12" led light bar for evening mowing if it gets dark before I finish. Well a hurricane is heading towards Alan's house maybe we will get some of that rain.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mowing, I hardly remember what that is. I have an ole Ford 1210 sub-compact diesel tractor I use to mow my 2 "achers". I haven't started it in nearly a month. I guess I'm like your neighbor, up early, but the farmers around here are up earlier then me. I try to ride in the evening.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cooler here today. Only 89 with 100 real feel. I haven't cut the grass in about two weeks now which I'm fine with . Just a couple spots under trees and by the dogs' little plastic pool where there's green grass.

We got that rain last night too. Felt really nice out after.

Our morning and evening walks with the dogs are now earlier and later due to the heat.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I be glad when the corn is gone they plant right to the corner of the property line. For 3 months I have to actually stop at a stop sign to see oncoming traffic. My neighbors lawn mower woke me this morning. He was out there at 6am trying to beat the heat. My mower has a 12" led light bar for evening mowing if it gets dark before I finish. Well a hurricane is heading towards Alan's house maybe we will get some of that rain.

Mowing, I hardly remember what that is. I have an ole Ford 1210 sub-compact diesel tractor I use to mow my 2 "achers". I haven't started it in nearly a month. I guess I'm like your neighbor, up early, but the farmers around here are up earlier then me. I try to ride in the evening.

I haven't found a difference in comfort morning verses night cutting grass. Cutting wet grass is slow too.

My wife bought and put out a bird bath with pretty flowers, I pointed out I can't get the mower around that area, she said she solved it with a old fashion manual mower she'll use, her spot is taller than the whole yard together :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
(got a never used manual mower for sale!!!)

·
Registered
649 Posts
(got a never used manual mower for sale!!!) LOL!!!! Good luck.

Weather App says it's 92 with a 100 feel like, the thermometer on the shed says 107 in the sun. Just finished helping the neighbor replace a front crank seal on his Dodge Cummins, the only thing around here that's wet is us from sweatin.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Either morning dew or late afternoon dew when the sun goes down, I have to pick which to deal with if I try to stray the coolest when cutting, again wet grass sucks even with this commercial zero turn.

Why does driveway grass grow quicker than whats growing in your yard?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts