V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Hammond, Louisiana this past Saturday and stopped in at the Harley shop to have a look-see. The dealer there is rather small (as is Hammond), but very nice. I was surprised though that they had no less than 9 different bikes with the special 105th Anniversary Paint. That represented probably a quarter of their inventory on the floor.

It's a nice looking paint job in person. They had a nice selection of models in that paint. Problem though is that this limited edition paint may end up being (at least in this area) much more common than the "stock" colors for 2008 out on the street.

Just my observation...:whatever:

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I was at Sauk City H-D (Wisconsin) a few days ago, and they have an entire section of the shop devoted to the anniversary bikes. There must have been 10 of those copper-colored bikes. My neighbor has one, too. Maybe they made a few too many.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ya, we are flooded with copper tops right now. The MoCo wanted all the anniversary bikes to the dealers by November. I think they achieved thier goal. The other colors will start comming in now. There will be no more copper tops, they have all been built and distributed.

Doug

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sorry I see them and think of Halloween....but hey to each their own.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I think it is that Harley built the Annie models and shipped them to the dealers, and that is all there will be.
If you look, they all have number plates (I.E. 1 of 500)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one of those ugly, cookie cutter, holloween bikes.
Wouldn't it be great if all Harleys came in one color, vivid black perhaps?

Ssssshhhheeeeesssshhh, to each his own,
Doug

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
bwana01 said:
Fugly cookie cutters!!!

Let the fun begin.

Bwana01
I think it's a personal choice, but I respect your opinion. On our CVO Ultra we just picked up, the bronze is a couple shades darker than the standard Anniversary models and we thought it looked pretty clean:

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Varooom said:

Doug
:yes: As long as YOU'RE HAPPY, isn't that all that matters? It is YOUR MONEY and you buy what you like. Enjoy the bike safely! BTW, I happen to like the Anniversary colors on some of the models.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,253 Posts
deucedog said:
I think it's a personal choice, but I respect your opinion. On our CVO Ultra we just picked up, the bronze is a couple shades darker than the standard Anniversary models and we thought it looked pretty clean:

IMO...that's a much nicer shade than the copper top version..........everytime I see one of the 105th anniversary ones I have to stop and pick up batteries :yes:

·
Free agent
795 Posts
We need sensitivity training!!

Varooom said:

Doug
I agree!!! Black would be much better...and faster too!

Some members don't have sensitivity to others and on behalf of the rest of the V-Twin members, I apologize for any pain or hurt that these previous comments caused. It is the intention of all of us to create a family environment that caters to each others emotions and to assist us with all of our needs and tribulations. I know it sucks to have bought a piece of machinary that you admire and then to have someone tell you that it is butt ugly....Well...it just sucks! But you know what??? I don't care if it was the gayest color in the whole line-up. It does NOT matter or should it matter to anyone else but you. If you like the color and enjoy riding it...then it should be OK with everyone else. Ride on !!

·
Liker of Mid 60's FLH's
1,208 Posts
The copper top certainly would not be my first choice. I just don't lilke them.. but that's just me. Also, I think a 105 anniversay editon is bit of a joke.. each to his or her own?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I think the bikes are visually stunning at first sight but when I went on a test ride about an hour on a new 105th RG and the salesman on a 105th SG, I realized that even though that was the bike that brought me into the showroom, I felt I would not like it over time. Kinda like the 100th two tones...

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
The first time my wife and I saw that color we thought damn thats ugly. Then after a few more trips and seeing it more often it started to grow on us. Well we were also looking for a new harley and who would have know, that by the time we decided to buy that color really looked good to us now so we bought one.

Its one of those things like new cars when they come out. The look like crap at first, but then over time they start to look good.

I wonder how many think the new Victory looks horrible. I sure do, but I bet it won't take long before many think they look pretty good.

The best thing is that life is about choices, and buying what you like. It don't matter what anyone else thinks as long as your happy with it.

My buddy thinks ours looks like primer LOL He just hates it, I tell him that at least its not another red one like the million that are alread out there. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a 105th Street Glide because I was tired of waiting around for a model to show up with the ABS and Cruise Control installed. I was 200% sure I didn't like two tones on a Street Glide let alone this copper top battery color!!!

But... I got to see the 105th color scheme in person on the showroom floor and it really isn't all that bad. For me it was the model 1st, options 2nd, and last was the color of the bike.

I would have preferred a darker solid color but hey its all about being different and two tone Street Glides are a rarity outside of a custom paint job.

It's a Street Glide, It's a Harley, and I ride it. Pretty simple really.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
It's a personal choice kind of thing. I happen to be one of those that likes the color, but didn't care much for it until I saw one in person. The HD website doesn't do them justice.

Bottom line... it's a personal choice. I haven't witnessed anyone holding a gun to a potential buyer, forcing them to purchase the copper/black bike. If you like it, ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Harley don't make no ugly bikes!

Local dealer just put a new '08 Candy Apple Red Ultra on the floor with Stage 1, chrome front end, chrome controls, and the large luggage rack. It is drop dead gorgous!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Agreed.

Here are some pix of my bike for your enjoyment! Taken on 8/3, the day I brought it home. One FINE machine!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts