V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is all about this kit , who mekes it is it so big difference from 103" (i know 1" )is it worth the money what is included in this kit etc. Saw some ppl talk about this couldn't find much info.
tnx

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Jim if you talk to Ron tell him 5% royalty would be accepted for each 104 kit.:redrolf:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Jim if you talk to Ron tell him 5% royalty would be accepted for each 104 kit.:redrolf:
it all kinda goes back to the 120r.
working on the piston/cly package for the 120r's it only seemed natural to add the SE Cly 104 all bore to the line up.
they have put some all bore 104's together with there clys but the 107 is just more CI for the same money when using there clys.
but seeing what you guys were doing,and the 120r's being a hit all at the same time it was obvious that guys are wanting to and going to, be using these bigger bore clys for more builds. so you have to give to this market as well as your established market to stay in the market anymore.
Ron was very impressed with what you started....:beer:
I think those royalties will be going to MOCO.:redrolf:
the good news is he likes the 4.060 clys he has maped

·
Banned
293 Posts
what is all about this kit , who mekes it is it so big difference from 103" (i know 1" )is it worth the money what is included in this kit etc. Saw some ppl talk about this couldn't find much info.
tnx
The 104 being talked about is an "All bore"kit where the stock 88" stroke of 4" is retained but the bore is taken out to 4 1/8"(?). This requires mods to the case.
103 is typically what is achieved when you are starting out with a 4 3/8" stroke as in the latter 96" motors or changing out your flywheels for an 88" to 4 3/8"th then taking out the piston some using the stock case bore. Size of the piston on a typical 103 with a 4 3/8"th bore is the same as one on a 95" with a 4" stroke.

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
The 104 being talked about is an "All bore"kit where the stock 88" stroke of 4" is retained but the bore is taken out to 4 1/8"(?). This requires mods to the case.
103 is typically what is achieved when you are starting out with a 4 3/8" stroke as in the latter 96" motors or changing out your flywheels for an 88" to 4 3/8"th then taking out the piston some using the stock case bore. Size of the piston on a typical 103 with a 4 3/8"th bore is the same as one on a 95" with a 4" stroke.

Joe
4.070 bore

·
Shift_Happens
685 Posts
No,these are the SE 4.06 cylinders bored to 4.075.

Randy will hook you up,that is where I got mine.
Thanks. hypothetically speaking, if you had some 110 cylinders already, can you get the pistons for those to use with a 4" stroke?
If so, how many cubes would that be?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Thanks. hypothetically speaking, if you had some 110 cylinders already, can you get the pistons for those to use with a 4" stroke?
If so, how many cubes would that be?
You'd have a 4X4......= 100 cu. in. JE or any of the other jobbers can get you pistons, usually a 2 set minimum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Mine made 121hp/118tq,the sheets are posted in the dyno section.
you must be kidding , to get this numbers from 104" it's unheared of.
what is your setup , are you racing , unbeleivable ,
I saw this numbers here (v-twin)by guys running enjine with more than 110"

·
Still the Same!
1,781 Posts
I was there when the bike was tuned. I also was shocked to see what numbers it pulled. I can verify that no sneaky dyno 'tricks' were performed.

I think a lot of it had to do with whatever the cam was in that bike (don't remember).

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I found Durwood's dyno curves and posts. He certainly had a lot of talented people involved in his build, that's for sure!!! The numbers he quoted above are actually STD and not SAE but not much difference (he also posted the SAE numbers). The camshaft looks to be something by Branch if I'm reading it right? Hard to tell the print is soooo small! :) I'm really fascinated by these "all bore" designs myself. -Tutt

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/twin-cam-engine-mods/177588-all-bore-104-a-10.html

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
you must be kidding , to get this numbers from 104" it's unheared of.
what is your setup , are you racing , unbeleivable ,
I saw this numbers here (v-twin)by guys running enjine with more than 110"
Oversquare engines will generally out horsepower undersquare builds with comparable parts.
This particular build was done on a shoestring budget.
I had a real good 95 for starters,so all I had to do was have the crank welded,cases bored,wfo larry opened up the heads,then added a set of cyls,pistons,55mm HPI throttle body and a set of Branch cams I had laying in a parts ben...
Then the tune!!
I had aspirations of 115 square and was very surprised at the final outcome myself..
I would recommend this combo to anyone wanting to win on the dollars per HP ratio..
It would blister the tire at will..

·
Still the Same!
1,781 Posts
Yes... it was a very nice build and I wholeheartedly will recommend this to anybody with an 88 and thinking of going past a 98.

Like Durwood said, this really was a budget build and produced amazing power. Enough to make me jealous at the time. Now though... Daren and I have switched sides. HAHAH!!!

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Let me get her broke in truk,then you might be invited down for another 120 install....LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts