V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
HDMD88 said:
Here is a 103'' TW6HG, ProPipe, 3.37:1 gear ratio, Zippers airfilter, Baisley heads, 105:1 compression, and a HDMD Tune
She's a beauty, Doc. But with compression at 105:1, what the hell kind of gas you using in that thing?!?!?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
That should work with Pump-oil - directly from the Oil-well :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

In other words it must be some kind of diesel engine .... for a diesel the tq in the low end are a bit low:harhar: :harhar:

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
HDMD88 said:
Here is a 103'' TW6HG, ProPipe, 3.37:1 gear ratio, Zippers airfilter, Baisley heads, 105:1 compression, and a HDMD Tune
Well now, That's sompin to look forward to. He He He~!Aw:wootdnc: esome!

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jerry34208 said:
Well now, That's sompin to look forward to. He He He~!Aw:wootdnc: esome!
Jerry your heads are a little diffrent...so the out come will be a little diffrent also. This build had a set of modified heads and rockers by Baisley at a cost of close to $1800.00.

SNAPS
Pump gas is okay for 10.5 compression...I run a lot of builds at 10.8 with no problems, remember it's the state of the tune that makes it work or not work.

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
HDMD88 said:
SNAPS
Pump gas is okay for 10.5 compression...I run a lot of builds at 10.8 with no problems, remember it's the state of the tune that makes it work or not work.
I was just giving you a hard time about your mis-type of 105:1.

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
HDMD88 said:
Very impressed! The Baisley set geometry corrected? That should be a fun and trouble free ride for many miles.

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Power band goes from Idaho to Milwaukee!

HDMD88 said:
Jerry your heads are a little different...so the out come will be a little diffrent also. This build had a set of modified heads and rockers by Baisley at a cost of close to $1800.00.
Hey man, quit teasing me! He he he, I figured that would get a response from you. I did see that he has the Baisley heads. No worries Doc, I know that you will ferret out any ponies that would elude a lesser man.

·
Registered
469 Posts
HDMD88 said:
Hi there ! This cought my interest ! Its almost soup I need to do a lil more . It wont be long now .

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Tune

HDMD88 said:
I'll bet the owner is happy with that one!

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Hillsidecycle.com said:
I'll bet the owner is happy with that one!
He sure oughtta be happy as a pig in siht!
Rational voice: "WOW, that's double the stock HP !!!"
Human nature: "I was hoping for 120/120" :wacko:
I'll confess I have both of those voices in my head (along with a few others unfortunately). I remind myself, the first reason I want the bike tuned is to have it run as well as possible. Secondary reason is to get a little more power. You know, gotta feed the addiction. In my case it's still cheaper than beer. Now if I can drop the cigs I can afford those Baisley heads.:yes:

Hey Doc I see that graph says 22% humidity, nice to work in air conditioning again 'eh?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
HDMD88 said:
Two questions:

1. Can Crane 155# springs be used with TW6HG or should heavier springs be used.

2. Does the cam chest have to be clearanced to fit the TW6HGs?

This would be for a 2002 Road King.

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BaggerDad said:
Two questions:

1. Can Crane 155# springs be used with TW6HG or should heavier springs be used.

2. Does the cam chest have to be clearanced to fit the TW6HGs?

This would be for a 2002 Road King.
Question #1...set up the valve springs at 175 to 180 lbs for the TW6H

Question #2....some times the case has to be clearanced and some times they don't. It depends on the Manufacture of the case and what engine your building...the ''A'' or ''B'' I never had to clearance the TW6H in a ''B'' motor. Stick the cams in the bearing and check to see if it hits the case....I like to see a .040 gap between the lobe an case.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Love the TW6HG in the over 100 cube builds, a real favorite for us here. Nice work, Doc!
And for those that think this cam just builds great early TQ, look at that HP line with that cam and head combo!

·
Banned
398 Posts
why is there no SAE corrected numbers......? Hmmmm ...

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
My guess is there would be very little difference in this case. The run was done at +80degrees(should hurt HP#) & fairly low humidity(should help HP#)

I'll guess sae would be 1hp less in this case.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts