V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to pull the trigger on a bigbore for my 07. would rather do the 107, but i'm concerned about the cylinder heat, and strength. any issues with the 107's with the aforementioned concerns? i saw some 88 cylinders and another set bored to 95 and there is a lot taken out. the shop owner i was at wasn't too keen on doing a 107 build with the stock cylinders. he suggested a 103. another guy where i live had a 95 done by him that runs hard (98hp/106 torque)for a budget build with a modest lift cam (andrews 44h), head porting, stock valve springs and compression releases. all bikes are dynoed before and after builds, so i'm not looking to go elsewhere, not to mention i've known the builder for some time and have watched his bikes run on the street and dragstrip, just would apperciate some input on reliability/rideability and a good setup as far as compression and camchoices for a 07 strretbob. not looking for a dyno queen, but something that will get off the line and have decent pull on a streetbob. would like to use stock valva train, although i'm not totally opposed to different springs and pushrods.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
i was looking at the 103 but im sure glad i went a 107 :) only issue i have with the 107 in a 07 bob is keeping that front wheel down, and i havent gone over 4800rpm , limited at it till i run it in :( karlrock on here gets i think 137hp outa his :):)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If warranty isn't a concern , go the 107. I have a 103 with 255 cams and it pulls my FLHX along nicely .. either package in a 'Bob would be a blast.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
C-Cat

I have the 07 street Bob and went with the 107 kit straight up. Made heaps of power[121/128] and ran beautifully. Dyno sheets are in the drag section. I up graded the 107 with high end parts and are getting 138/128 now- still working on my tune as new build.

My best friend has an 07 NT and we bored out the jugs to 103 and it is a nice package. Moves along well. He admits that for the extra few $, he should have gone to the 107 kit though.
Comes down to your thoughts on trying to keep your warranty or going for the extra cubes.

Either way, listen to your builder or sponsor you buy from and stick with there recomendations. Have fun

karlrockdrain

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
C-Cat said:
getting ready to pull the trigger on a bigbore for my 07. would rather do the 107, but i'm concerned about the cylinder heat, and strength. any issues with the 107's with the aforementioned concerns? i saw some 88 cylinders and another set bored to 95 and there is a lot taken out. the shop owner i was at wasn't too keen on doing a 107 build with the stock cylinders. he suggested a 103. another guy where i live had a 95 done by him that runs hard (98hp/106 torque)for a budget build with a modest lift cam (andrews 44h), head porting, stock valve springs and compression releases. all bikes are dynoed before and after builds, so i'm not looking to go elsewhere, not to mention i've known the builder for some time and have watched his bikes run on the street and dragstrip, just would apperciate some input on reliability/rideability and a good setup as far as compression and camchoices for a 07 strretbob. not looking for a dyno queen, but something that will get off the line and have decent pull on a streetbob. would like to use stock valva train, although i'm not totally opposed to different springs and pushrods.
Wood, HQ, and a couple of others for good cam choice.

Not for nothing c-cat, but you can get the 98 HP and 106 TQ out of your 96 cubes with out too much cost. Compression, headwork, cams, and pipe, along with a good tune will have you there, no problem! A lot less labor, too. If you want more than that, then the 103 / 107 is the option, but the dollar per power gain is higher that way, although boring out your stock jugs is the best and cheapest way to go for added cubes. All depends on what you are looking to do.

All the best,

G

·
<><
3,971 Posts
I'm a fan of getting more out of fewer cubes. It says something about the build. My 95" runs real good and best I can tell it's not even working hard. I'm sure there's more in it yet.

A lot (of your decision) depends on weight & what you want the bike to do. I'm running a fully loaded bagger... and satisfied (especially unladen). With a street bob I know I'd be more than happy with my build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts