V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Cleaning the sensor in the IAC, maybe. There is a sensor behind the air cleaner. Turn bike on and off a few times whille spraying in it.

Maybe someone with better FI experience knows. I did this for stalling issues. it did go nuts and rev really high a couple times. I don't know if I would even notice 1300, but I suppose it is good to investigate before it becomes a real problem.

I used brake cleaner, but they make sensor cleaner. I'll probably get some of that next time. Some say you can damage it with certain chemicals.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you have your Idle High OR hand on the throttle a little when you shut the bike down, the idle Will come in higher at restart up...

900 to me is too low. 1150/1250 is where I run mine...
(SE pro off road tuner)

Higher idle on our newer biles is to Make Sure the lubrication doesn't drop too low at Hot idle and also keeping the battery charging.

signed....BUBBIE

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I am on my 4th injected bike, I believe they have all done it at one time or another. The last one, a 2009 FLHTC was the worst, it would do it at the second stop light from my house every time, did not matter what the ambient temp. was or how long I warmed it up. After about 10 seconds of 2000 RPM it would settle down and be fine the rest of the ride.

I am interested to see what the brains come up with, the one I have now will probably do it before long.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Brains aren't necessary. The engine does what the computer tells it to do. At that moment, through real or false inputs the computer saw fit to increase the idle speed. Haven't you ever had a glitch on your home computer? The one on the bike is even less accurate than the one in your phone.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
No ****, it can't even find a pair of **** on the internet, which any kid can do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
950 to 1050 RPM when warm, factory setting is 1000 RPM. On Cold start up it will be on
high idle at 1200 RPM to about 1600 RPM, 900 RPM is slightly on the low side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm trying to turn my idle speed down on my DynoJet Commander III, I've got a 2005 Ultra and would like to get the idle speed down a little. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It would be FREE to disconnect the engine temperature sensor connector, spray some cleaner in it and reconnect. Some won't reassemble without adding some dielectric grease. If the problem stops, good deal, if it continues enjoy it until a code stores. Others have had idle jump to around 2500 and that is hard to handle, yours is almost in the normal range so living with it until a code shows up shouldn't be that hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts