V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T-Man Performance dyno'd my bike yesterday. I had the TMax set at 13.1 across the board and it had dialed in perfectly. We did not touch the fuel maps and only tweaked the timing in a couple spots and that was very little.

I left some ponies on the table with my choice of pipe.....V&H Propipe BP, though it performs well on the low end.

I used base map 324, which proved to be very close to what my build wanted. With no ping where I'm at now, I decided to lean my AFR in cruise range to 13.8 to get a little ecomony. With the 13.1, I am getting 35 to 40 MPG, which is not too bad considering how hard I'm hitting it.

Regards,
NC​

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AZFXSTB said:
Very nice!!... I don't feel to far off with stock TB, injectors and smaller cam:whistle:
Yours looks good for sure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey NC-Renegade, could you post your #'s ? for some reason I can't view your dyno run. I'd like to get a comparison. I have the following.
S.E. 103" Big Bore
S.E. 204 cams
PCIII w/rev. ext.
Zippers exposed air filter
V&H staggered short shots w/ torque blocks
A/F 13.6
Tuned by Joe's Cycle (got me another 11hp & 9 ft.lbs.)
Stock Heads
Stock Throttle Body
Final #'s 98.8 hp / 113.1 ft.lbs.
07' Night Train
Thank You

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Some time the tunes that are not pushing the limit are just plain fun and they are less hassle with heat or poor fuel quality.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
A good custom tune will have different AFRs across the board. You need a cruising AFR that is leaner, and richen it where needed. A custom map is more that a level AFR line.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
route66paul said:
A good custom tune will have different AFRs across the board. You need a cruising AFR that is leaner, and richen it where needed. A custom map is more that a level AFR line.
I have built a good custom map for idle, cruise and WOT that responds very well to my build...13.4 idle, 13.9 cruise and 12.8 WOT. The HPI-51mm TP makes the cruise range very narrow so it took a while to optimize the curve. The 13.1:1 AFR across board was not hurting performance one bit...it's still the restrictive V&H Pro-pipe BP. That's fairly well documented on this board and my results show the same.

It is still one heck of a lot of fun and I am okay with the HP/TQ curves at this time. I plan to go to supertrap or fatcat next year and will pick up the HP, but for now, it's still fun, still throws me off the back and still is more bike than I need!

Regards,
NC

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pain Killer said:
Hey NC-Renegade, could you post your #'s ? for some reason I can't view your dyno run. I'd like to get a comparison. I have the following.
S.E. 103" Big Bore
S.E. 204 cams
PCIII w/rev. ext.
Zippers exposed air filter
V&H staggered short shots w/ torque blocks
A/F 13.6
Tuned by Joe's Cycle (got me another 11hp & 9 ft.lbs.)
Stock Heads
Stock Throttle Body
Final #'s 98.8 hp / 113.1 ft.lbs.
07' Night Train
Thank You

Sure...SAE is 104.5 HP and 114.4 ft.lbs

Regards,
NC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts