V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been contemplating whether to try the Thunder Monsters first or just get a complete new exhaust. With the VH BSS's and the Monsters how much earlier would I get the curve compared to a set of 2:1's? I have read some of the threads where the monsters seem like they aren't even helping in the torque. But it seemed to me that they were all in stock applications. The bike's low end is suffering obviously with my mod's. Your Opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Also which 2:1 would you run for the performance aspect? I know Thunderheader but I just can't get over the appearance.
BuB Rinehart
D&D boarzilla
V&H Pro Pipe HS
Bassani Road Rage
LSR 2:1

I would like to do this before the dyno.

Thanks for the time

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Borzilla is for 107CI and up. 103 would be the Fatcat. For a 103 I think it would be a better choice than a ThunderHeader.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DEW2112 said:
Dont forget the LSR 2-1:cool:
DEW
Do you have some experience with this pipe? I can pick a used one up for a couple hundered and am curious on the Db rating and the overall performance, let say compared to a Thunderheader.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys
I see no one is recommending the Rinehart 2-1. I feel it looks the best but what about performance compared to the Fat CAT. Would the numbers be that far of to warrant the FAT CAT over the Rinehart.

·
Registered
798 Posts
rhaubert said:
DEW
Do you have some experience with this pipe? I can pick a used one up for a couple hundered and am curious on the Db rating and the overall performance, let say compared to a Thunderheader.
I will as soon as I get my 95" build done. I can say that the craftsmanship and plating exceeds all other pipes I have owned (Python, Thunderheader, Screachin Beagle). I did notice that it has a minimum amount of baffleing in it which I think will provide more Db than a Thunderheader.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Do the 3.37's first...then decide if you want to dump the money on pipes.
those big slow velocity ports and cams will really like the gear.

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Go with the D+D fatcat looks great sounds great works great Pro pipe or T.H. is probably gonna cost you some power ....:Banadance

Do yourself a favor dont even consider the rb ...:thumbsdn:
Unless you like waiting, leaking, and parts that might not fit!!!!!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys
I think the Fatcats are the ones for me. But I am going to take syclones advice and do the 3.37 first and then go from there.
Thanks a bunch.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Tunderheaders

According to GRock and Doc, Thunderheaders and ProPipe should enable you to make more power than Fat Cat. No one has data to the contrary.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Grock & Doc certainly know what their talking about, but unless they or anyone else have done testing on the Rinehart 2-1, it's too early to exclude this pipe as a top performer. Not trying to promote Rinehart mind you, it's just that there is so little info on the pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts