V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my bike on the Dyno today. 102.5 Horse, and 104.5 ft-lbs of Torque. 2000 Road King (1550) with Screaming Eagle Performance Heads, SE 257 cams, HI4TC ignition, White Brother E Series 2 into 1 exhaust, and the stock carb rebuild by Woods. Better than 100 horse, and still gets better than 40 mpg running down the interstate at 80 +.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The project ran around $3,500. Didn't do any major work myself, don't have the talent. Did some minor stuff early on, but I don't break in too far. The only way I can justify any of it, is I got a good deal on the bike to start with. Bought a year old police bike, had the work done, and still have less in it than most with a new Road King.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HIPPO is on the money again. I read a bunch of bull about Cams and problems, and wanted to go with the TW26. They guy helping me pick out parts convinced me that I needed more to get results from the heads.

The exhaust helped round everything out too. Like I see in other posts, it's hard to get a straight answer sometimes. When asking about cams, you either get, "man that's way to much cam, or you can never have too much cam."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.