V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the dealer Ive been going to is offering me a super glide sport. Everything I can see tells me its your regular '05 FXDXI, but he said that it was the 100th anny version, so Im wondering whats the difference, and is there such a thing?

After getting some advice from knowlegeable folks here and in cycle chat (who recommended I look into a 'bigger' harley instead of sportster to save $$ in the long run), this offer is actually quite attractive. He'll also throw in SE pipes and few other goodies to sweeten the deal, but as I mentioned in my intro post, the exorbitant tax that you pay in this country makes this a very BIG purchase.

SO any info/advice appreciated.

thanks!

kelvin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
MegaGlide said:
The '05 FXDI35 is the 35th anniversary Super Glide, but the '03s were the 100th anniversary models.
yeah, I thought so. Are the changes cosmetic or is there a lil extra under the hood?

sorry, just to clarify, is there such thing as a 35th anny super glide sport then?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
MegaGlide said:
The '05 FXDI35 is the 35th anniversary Super Glide, but the '03s were the 100th anniversary models.
Minor point, but the FXDI35 is an '06.

But my understanding of the 100th anniversary bikes is they offer special badging and black/silver two-tone paint schemes. But nothing crazy like a stock 105" motor, 240mm tire or anything like that.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
35thGlider said:
Minor point, but the FXDI35 is an '06.

But my understanding of the 100th anniversary bikes is they offer special badging and black/silver two-tone paint schemes. But nothing crazy like a stock 105" motor, 240mm tire or anything like that.
OOPS!!!!
Sorry about that. Living in the past, I guess.
The '05 Super Glide ain't an anniversary nothin'.
Early yet here...

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
MegaGlide said:
OOPS!!!!
Sorry about that. Living in the past, I guess.
The '05 Super Glide ain't an anniversary nothin'.
Early yet here...
05 FXD is the 34th Anniversary Model!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts