V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Dyna Lowrider that I recently installed a 180 rear. The new rear fender has been painted the black & silver but I need to get the ribbon striping. Any info. would be appreciated.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I know you can't get it from the dealer.

I recently had my 2003 Road Glide rear ended, and had to replace both bags and side covers. Took a few weeks, but when the parts arrived, the paint was perfect, and the stripe was there underneath.

Only way I know is to buy the fender already painted, with the stripe under the clear coat. Of course that would not work for your application, with the wider fender...

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
I agree with ZR1. As far as I know you can't get it at all. That was a limited edition from Harley and they don't even give the color code out I believe. I may be wrong though so maybe someone else knows.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ya know, I just had a thought...

Look up the Dragon Fly Fairing web page. Seems to me that they had a silver and black fairing available for 2003 Road Kings. If I remember correctly, they "simulated" HD's stripe. Only instead of the cross hatched Harley Davidson script in the stripe, it said Dragon Fly, or something simular...

Try contacting them, maybe they would sell you some of their stripe...

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Maybe Ford

I once heard, I do not remember the source, that you could get it from Ford. They used the same stripe in their '03 HD Anniversary F150 pickups...or so this person told me.

I ride an Anniversary Edition Ultra and was considering painting my helmet to match...silver over black with the stripe. I was hoping Ford would have it, but have never cecked it out. I suppose that you could come clost to matching the color of the gold in the stripe if you were willing to give up on having the cross hatched "Harley Davidson" in it and just paint on a gold stripe.

Anyway, might be worth checking with Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts