V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
OFOPOS and Proud of it
221 Posts
Went to Road Show this Saturday. Had a good time. Not spectacular but well worth the time and the 35 bucks. As for the venue, to bad some people were scared away by Fontana. The speedway is about 2 years old and an excellent facility. We rode in from OC and had no problems with traffic or parking at 1:30 PM. Middle of parking lot was already full of motorcycles. We found a spot on the outer edges and went back about 4:00PM to get something and we were surrounded by bikes. Looked like about a billion dollars worth of hardware in one place. Everything was well organized. They had about 8 to 10 airport type metal detector setups so only took us 20 to 30 minutes to get through. Everybody was friendly they were only looking for big stuff. Thought the exhibits were great. OK so corporations suck but Harley did a good job and put lots of effort into the setups. Food was good. 8 bucks is a little much but the tri tip sandwich was good. they had four or five tee shirt booths. They all looked like a department store ladies shoe sale. I never seen so many people lined up to spend 22 bucks in my life. The facilities were nice with almost no lines at the porta johns and I didn't hear any complaints from the ladies. Lots of security but very non interfering. A little warm in the afternoon but the display tenst and the HOG Roadhouse were all nice places to get out of the sun. Stayed for the Billy Idol concert which was well attended. Left about 10:00 PM. No problems getting out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sounds like the tour was a good time, I have been considering riding up to the toronto location at the end of September. I have made the drive many times in my car to Toronto but have yet to do it on the bike, (course most of the drive on the 401 is boring and nothing to see, but the turn into hamilton from the 403 vcoming down and around the ridge looking onto the town is a pretty cool view. Besides from Auburn Hills I can make it there in the car in just over 3 hours so figure maybe 4 - 4 1/2 on the bike. Im just hoping my new pipes are in first because I need to drop the rod off for the 1000 mile checkup and have the pipes installed. Anyone else from Michigan /Windsor area planning on going? And of those anyone interested in having another tag along?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts