V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I searched the forums and nobody is saying anything about T.O. WHY ? Too afraid to speak out ? I was there and it sucked !
When I drove up at 3:00 , I had to park a half-mile away on my bike along with everybody else on bikes and then walk to enter . Shouldn't the bikes everybody rode in be part of the extravaganza ? People in cars parked closer to the gate and never got to check out the rider's bikes . (THAT SUCKS )
I'll just put the rest in point form........
Drinking alcohol only allowed in designated ,fenced off areas ...... so if you wanted to check out the band...it wasn't in a drinking area .... so you couldnt drink AND WATCH THE BAND! PARTY !
You would think going to the big HARLEY PARTY you would have a big choice in t-shirts and sweaters for something memorable to wear . This is a big joke ....seriously ...... They had 2 little stands with a couple of different t- shirts for the girls and guys , a long sleeved t-shirt (55 Canadian) and a sweater ( 70 canadian , no tax ). They also had pins, mugs,hats, books...that's about it ......that is about all you could purchase at THE HARLEY PARTY ! 100 YEARS !WHOOO !
SEPT.28 &29 In Canada NOT FUCKIN FLORIDA ! CANADA ! COLD ! COLD ! COLD! MAYBE IN JULY BUT NOT THE END OF SEPTEMBER ! Who planned this ? FIRE EM !
Think you could score some chrome at 'THE PARTY' LOL Forget it buddy ! The closest you could get was to look at it behind glass ! NO PRICE TAGS ON ANYTHING , NOT CHROME , NOT GENUINE CLOTHES (except at the separate vendor stands I mentioned before and they just had the stuff I said.).....not impressive .
The Harley exhibits were allright , but there was nothing you wouldn't see at a good show .
Kim Mitchell - missed him -but heard some of it -sounded good
April Wine -Sounded good but little woman gettin cold !
Journey - Sounding good , little woman cold , bought her a sweater, still cold , WE OUT------SAVE YOUR MONEY BOYS!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I was there...posted about it here somewhere. It was pretty lame...and looked like they expected a whole lot more people. We left before journey even started and went to a pig roast/party/bonfire at some biker gang's hangout outside town. that was cool except for the faciast cops who set up roadblocks checking everyone who left the party.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
slippery said:
SEPT.28 &29 In Canada NOT FUCKIN FLORIDA ! CANADA ! COLD ! COLD ! COLD! MAYBE IN JULY BUT NOT THE END OF SEPTEMBER ! Who planned this ? FIRE EM !
Yeah, whoever was responsible for planning this whole thing had head up ass for sure. It opened in July in Georgia. It was HOT. I didn't go even though only 15 miles from house because I wasn't going to stand out in hot July weather. I experience that for free every year. Looks like they could have started up north in July and worked way down south as weather go cooler.

Hell, birds have been doing that for a million freakin' years!!! So looks like someone at h-d would have noticed a pattern, huh?

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
A little remedial math is in order here:

SEPT.28 &29 In Canada NOT FUCKIN FLORIDA ! CANADA ! COLD ! COLD ! COLD!

+

a sweater ( 70 canadian , no tax ).

=

little woman cold , bought her a sweater,

CHA-CHING!!

Dean

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It wasn't that cold.....it was nornal Canada in late September weather. If somebody showed up in a T-shirt that isn't Willie G. Davidson's fault.

Yes, the event sucked but what happened to all the hard ass bikers who rant about the fair weather-only RUBS?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Must a north of the border thing, Atlanta there was drinking any where but in the exhibit tents, all of the 'Genuine' cloths on display where available for purchase. As far a bits for the bike? no way, just too many to haul around. We parked inside the race way 2 out of the 3 days and all the rider's bike did make it better. LOTS to look at, sorry to hear it wasn't as good. Hey that $70 CA translates to $45 US

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
hezgon said:
Must a north of the border thing, Atlanta there was drinking any where but in the exhibit tents, all of the 'Genuine' cloths on display where available for purchase. As far a bits for the bike? no way, just too many to haul around. We parked inside the race way 2 out of the 3 days and all the rider's bike did make it better. LOTS to look at, sorry to hear it wasn't as good. Hey that $70 CA translates to $45 US
Actually they dropped the price and gave refunds to those who purchased at $70 CAN...I think it was only $50 CAN which is about $2.35 US....hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts