V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 fxst is coming up on 10000 miles service. I can change all the fluids, adjust primary and clutch. What else needs to be done. I've learned you cant trust the dealer to do it right. Want to be in good shape for trip to Mrytle Beach from Va riding all the way.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
quickster said:
My 2003 fxst is coming up on 10000 miles service. I can change all the fluids, adjust primary and clutch. What else needs to be done. I've learned you cant trust the dealer to do it right. Want to be in good shape for trip to Mrytle Beach from Va riding all the way.
Do you have a factory service manual? If not, get one - it'll be the best $50 you ever spent.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1000 mile Servie

You've covered the main areas. I believe they check some of the tq specks on motor mounts, lube clutch and throttle cables. I've always done all my own services myself. The service book is a good idea.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
10k is pretty basic. The 15 K is a bit more. Check (as stated) hd online website and do get the service manual. Very handy to have and you can save a lot just doing it all yourself at home.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You will find that a 10000 will specify you check the torque on a number of "critical fastners." Also some odds and ends like air filter, steering head lube, and brakes. Some intervals call for things like steering head swing by and lube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts