V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,i have a question about the 1000 first service on my 2006 fxstbi. is there a reason that i have to let my dealer do the 1000 mile service other than he needs my 215.00 dollars. its not about the money i just dont faith in them for doing anything on my bike other than getting in my wallet. i am a pretty fair wrench and i would rather do the 1000 mile service myself,already bought me a shop manuel.truth be told i have already changed the oil in everything once. i just thought i would post and get a few other opinions on this matter. thanks in advance for any and all advice.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Get yourself a service manual and keep all your receipts for oil,gaskets etc.
Then have at it:clap:

Sorry I didnt see you had a manual already

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
No there is really no reason to have the dealer do it. As long as you do it correctly, and have proof that it was done, you should be fine. If you have a question about a specific step, first search the forum and if you don't find the answer, post up a new thread on the subject. Good luck...

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
did all my service myself with the service manual. never got the extended warrenty! no problems!! 37k on the bike

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everybody for the response to my question ,the answers were about what i was expecting .i really dont like to take my scoot to the dealer for anything at all unless it has to do with a warranty issue. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts