V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
:thanks: for posting a pic and it looks great!!

How was the install? Did it bolt right up or did you need to make some minor adjustments?

Not sure if I sent you instructions for the install. I started including them to help people out.

Spread the word

Thanks again

Mickey

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll try to post a pic.

On my install, the 11" Phat Rod with 2 heim joints tightened down all the way was just a bit longer than the stock shifter rod, eye to eye. I had to adjust my heel shifter down one tooth. There's a decent amount of thread on the Rod still showing.

Also, are folks putting lock nuts on the rod up against the heim joints? There isn't one in the kit, but I see that some folks added them in the install photos. Doesn't seem like it would unthread, but thought I would ask.

Otherwise, it's a nice, clean looking upgrade for a very reasonable price. Thanks Mickey!

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I do have chrome jam nuts to go with the linkage. P/M your address and I will send you two of them at no charge. I just started adding the jam nuts to the package. The jam nuts will also cover up the exsposed threads.

Mickey

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Davukmer
:thanks: again !!

·
Duck Billed Scooter
51 Posts
If you are a prospect for Mickeys Linkages, I would like to give him a big rap.
I ordered mine from the other side of the world in Australia, I got a top of the line product at a superb price, fast freight and the most excellent after sales service you could hope for.All of that half a world away from where most of you are.
Mickey works hard to be the ultimate supplier, give him your business.

Muzz

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks Muzz,
for the plug.

I take pride in my linkages and I know what it is like when you can't get a person on the phone or by e-mail for support. Its not like I'm selling a part that requires a lot of skill to install but from time to time I do get calls/e-mails with questions.

I always try my best to answer any questions and I won't sell a linkage to a potential customer knowing that the linkage will not fit.

Mickey

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
2001deuce said:
I'll try to post a pic.

On my install, the 11" Phat Rod with 2 heim joints tightened down all the way was just a bit longer than the stock shifter rod, eye to eye. I had to adjust my heel shifter down one tooth. There's a decent amount of thread on the Rod still showing.

Also, are folks putting lock nuts on the rod up against the heim joints? There isn't one in the kit, but I see that some folks added them in the install photos. Doesn't seem like it would unthread, but thought I would ask.

Otherwise, it's a nice, clean looking upgrade for a very reasonable price. Thanks Mickey!

Just following up.
Did you get the jam nuts I sent out to you?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes

Yes I did, on Saturday. I was elbow deep into a PCIII, K&N, and Supertrapp install that wasn't going all that well, so I didn't get a chance to put them on or even open up the envelope, but I did get them.

Thanks Mickey!

I'll get a picture for you ASAP.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
$57 shipped.
You can send me your pay pal e-mail user name and I can send you an invoice or you can call me to accept cred cards. You will need the 11-inch length if you have stock forward controls.

Thanks
Mickey

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Hi Mickey!

Do you have a phatrod linkage lenght that will fit an 06 Street Bob with forward controls?
I guess the linkage would have to be the same length as for an 06 Wide Glide.

Thanks
Sponk

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
13-inch fits the Wide Glides. Just measure center bolt to center bolt on your linkage and send me that measurement when you get a chance. I just want to make sure.

Mickey

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Hi Mickey!

The bike is in Alabama, so unfortunately I can´t measure until I get there (don´t know when that will be)!

I saw on a competitors website that they do make a different linkage for pre 2006 and the 2006 and later Wide Glides, so I´m guessing there is a difference. Also HD has only a few linkages that will fit 06 and up Wide Glides and Dyna Glides with forward controls, so I´m thinking there must be a significant difference in length as compared to the Softail linkages etc.

I really dig your phatrod linkage and would like to get one, but I want to be sure it´ll fit. Maybe you can find a Street Bob w. forward controls or a Wide Glide you can measure on. The season here is pretty much over so I don´t think I´ll get a chance to and I´d really like to order the linkage so it´s ready for me when I get to Alabama.

Thanks again!
Sponk

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I just sold/installed a 13-inch for a Wide Glide I forget the year but I know it was between 01 and 05 and it fit pefectly

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Mickeys-Customs said:
I just sold/installed a 13-inch for a Wide Glide I forget the year but I know it was between 01 and 05 and it fit pefectly

Again, I think linkages on the the pre 06 Wide Glides are a different length.
Let me know when you do an 06 or later. As soon as I´m sure the fit is right I´ll put in the order.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Sponk

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
No problem.
I'll see what info I can find

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you let me know what you want for a phatrod linkage for a 2005 FXSTBI Night Train with the heim joints shipped? It looks like 12 inch center to center with 13 inch overall. Thanks!

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
$57 shipped in the US
The 11-inch linkage with heim joints will make the linkage 12-inches center bolt to center bolt. If you use pay pal P/M me your pay pal e-mail and I will send you an invoice.

Mickey

·
Registered
651 Posts
davukmer said:
Boys...if you are even thinkin' of swappin' that stock POS you shouldn't look any further.
I bought mine after Evil MF's ringing endorsement.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1168321&postcount=10

Great experience.
Fast shipper.
A fine American selling nice Made in the USA products.
What's not to like.

Thanks again, man!
Ditto that. Quick shipment, flawless chrome, very high quality, perfect fit, good price. No reason to keep the stock POS or mess with any of the MOCO options. They are not even in the same league as Mickeys.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts