V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on getting this setup to function better. After several attempts to adjust by the oem install guide & Barnetts I was unable to get it to disengage with it off with lever in & in gear. After couple more try’s & research I started it in neutral & held front brake down then into first which killed it the first time so did everything step by step again & gradually got better each time but it still couldn’t keep it still in gear with lever in so got the idea to look up install on 1finger lever & according to it there is to be no play at the lever so I started down that path & eventually got it rideable however the range of use is extremely narrow & disengages as soon as you pull it & I’d say at most a 1/2” of lever is the entire range of use. Pulling double or more before hitting neutral switch. It is too responsive & leaves no cushion for slow speeds. Also encourages me to ride aggressively all the time to quick shift in able to have smooth shifts Question is how can I increase the range of it. Clutch hub is at 1/2 turn from contact with rod...my thoughts are to go to full turn but tired of doing this & not getting where I want it. Thanks in advance & apologies for the book I just wrote....
2007 FXDB 96” 6spd 543c cams 2-1 intake & Powervision. 30k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts