V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any Pics?????

I have seen a bunch of earlier baggers packin' the front wheel,just wondered if the new frame would get air.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Your gonna need a bigger woman...:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can wheelie just about any bike but the stress, wear, and tear on wheelying a big bagger is immense. Not to mention the inevitable ungraceful "landing" when gravity makes you it's bitch.

Could I do it on my Ultra? Probably. Do I care to rip my $20,000 bike to shreds performing stunts like a 17 year old squid. Absolutely not.

You want to wheely, get a dirt bike. Or a Buell. Buell's wheelie like no other..... Not that I know from experience........

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
You can wheelie just about any bike but the stress, wear, and tear on wheelying a big bagger is immense. Not to mention the inevitable ungraceful "landing" when gravity makes you it's bitch.

Could I do it on my Ultra? Probably. Do I care to rip my $20,000 bike to shreds performing stunts like a 17 year old squid. Absolutely not.

You want to wheely, get a dirt bike. Or a Buell. Buell's wheelie like no other..... Not that I know from experience........
@gree:

Dirt bikes are great fun for wheelies and offroad is where this behavior belongs... I lost a friend to a component failure on his gixxer 1000. He was doing a standup wheelie over 100MPH when his swingarm broke and it sent him directly into a telephone pole. That his why you shouldn't screw around on the street, there are too many variables and the littlest thing can take you out.

I lived about 1 mile from where this accident occurred, a few of my friends were riding with him called me to bring my truck and trailer because they didn't want to get back on their bikes. I saw what happened to him and I gotta say it changed me.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
There's no reason why the new frame won't but why would ya want to?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts

Back in the 70's I broke the fork bearings on my 750 Water Buffalo. This cured me of doing wheelies on street bikes!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Any Pics?????

I have seen a bunch of earlier baggers packin' the front wheel,just wondered if the new frame would get air.
the 09 and up are harder to wheelie than the 08 down.
a few reasons, the number one IMO is the longer wheelbase.
they seem to smoke the tire rather than wheelie....as easy...

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't want to wheelie,I just started this thread to liven things up a bit...
Just a joke to a couple of friends here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts