V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there are catalytic converters in the HEADPIPES of my 09' Ultra???

Thanks YR

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
No, not until 2010.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. The bike was originally purchased in FL.

So, if there are no c c in the headpipes, would there be any advantage to getting aftermarket head pipes...?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. The bike was originally purchased in FL.

So, if there are no c c in the headpipes, would there be any advantage to getting aftermarket head pipes...?
There are some folks bragging about their collector (headpipe) showing an HP gain on the dyno. Some others are selling complete sets, depends on what you want, and what you want to spend.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, well here's whats motivating my questions; I have a PC V, K&N OEM replacement and Wild Pig slip ons installed.

When I only had the K&N and the PC V (stock MAP) with stock mufflers, I got really good mileage and .......measured with my A$$onometer, I actually think the bike pulled smoother and maybe even stronger over a wider RPM range.

When we installed the slip on's and re-mapped, it almost seems like aI lost something...like it runs out of breath quicker....? Or, we lost a little GRUNT? Do we need to open up the intake (heavy breather, etc.?).

Two different guys at my LBS rode it and they told me it runs fine/as expected. I haven't put it on a dyno yet, nor am I opposed to doing so. I'm just trying to figure out which way to go next.

Any input is appreciated- thanks YR

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I wore you guys out? LOL

Or....will an auto tuner answer all my questions or should I opt for a dyno???

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Guess I wore you guys out? LOL

Or....will an auto tuner answer all my questions or should I opt for a dyno???
Dyno is the way to fly, canned maps are just throwing darts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts