V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this bike used. The throttle is highly responsive I mean a small/slight twist and the bike lurches forward, is there an adjustment that can be made to tone this down or is this just the new engine...? Had 2001 and 2003 Road Kings and 05 Road Glide never experienced this much of a touchy throttle before.

Its like a pistol with a 2lb trigger... I guess no one has a clue?

·
Registered
716 Posts
The 09's have the Throttle by Wire.
Different set-up than the older models.
Don't know much about them myself but someone with some experience will chime in I'm sure.
My 07 EG still has the cables.

Barney

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does your ride have a throttlepak on it because if it doesn't you are one of the very few people that does not notice the throttle lag with TBW and the others are just in denial.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just got this bike used. The throttle is highly responsive I mean a small/slight twist and the bike lurches forward, is there an adjustment that can be made to tone this down or is this just the new engine...? Had 2001 and 2003 Road Kings and 05 Road Glide never experienced this much of a touchy throttle before.

Throttle by wire in stock form is normally just the opposite of what you are describing. You stated that the bike is used, do you know if it has a tuning device installed(aftermarket pipes- air breather) would be an indication that it does. Some tuners take the lag away but I've never had one act like yours. Hate to say it, but think you need to see a Harley dealer.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts

everyone else wishes their bikes would do that! dont complain man, enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts