V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Life's short, ride hard!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in the general forum where the motor company is closing 5 plants for a week later this year. This is sure to affect the delivery dates of ordered bikes. Has ANYONE received their ORDERED bikes with ABS yet?? You know, I don't get too upset over delays but I do want honesty! If they just tell me a realistic date I can work with it would be OK, but this weird secrecy is getting a bit too strange. Anyone have some updates or actual news from a dealer??

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
My '08 Ultra with ABS shipped three weeks late. I have heard rumors about further delays, but nothing factual. Obviously, the plant shutdowns will affect later deliveries. The dealer did tell me that they were having a hard time keeping up with the ABS demand.

·
Life's short, ride hard!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Navyman,
You said it shipped 3 weeks late. Have you got it now or did the dealer say it's on it's way? When did you order it?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I received it last Friday. I didn't order it, they just had what I wanted coming in. They told me it was late and were actually surprised when it showed up. It came it with three other Ultras they had pre-ordered, but were not sold.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
What color did you buy? Some pix would be appreciated! I enjoy seeing what others have bought!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Vivid black. I know it's a pia to keep clean, but when it is clean it's bada--.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I ordered an 08 FLHR the beginning of this month (Sept) and was told I was lookin at delivery sometime in November. I talked to my salesman just the other day and he told me the delivery date got moved up to sometime in October. Go figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts