V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 08 Ultra and looking to get a bit more tone from the exhaust. I've read several post's in other forums that say you can replace the mufflers without changing the breather and new download. (I'm just a cruising grandpa and not looking to outrun the kids!) Some have stated that the new system will "learn" the new freeflow mufflers and adjust itself. Any info and muffler suggestions for this aplication would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
You sound much like I am, not wanting to outrun anyone, but needing a little more "potato" to the sound of my '08 FLHTCU.

I opted for Rush Slip on mufflers, slash up with 2.0" baffles. No change to the breather or download necessary. Just better sound and a little more HP, according to the dealer.

I'm sure there are some links to the internet, but there is a guy on eBay that sells 'em.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here...
Just looking for a thoatier sound out of my '08 SG (eg. v8 rumble)
Still want to keep the dual pipe look, however.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
SPOs will do that.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
johNTO said:
SPO's will give me a v8 rumble?
Who makes them and where can I get more info? Are they slip-ons that don't require any other mods? (eg stage 1, SERT)

Thanks​
They are an S&S product, the SPO stands for Stainless Performance Ovals M and M carries em for about $485, that's in the range of all the discounters on the web, guess the were a hundred less until a price range early this year. I got lucky and found a new in the box pair on ebay for $275 BIN yesterday! I snatched em instatly even though I am not even sure I will put em on my 08 Road Glide when it shows up, I have always been partial the 2 into 1...
There are a couple of older threads here about em apperently, their owners are a pretty happy group....
Check out this thread http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59514&highlight=spo's

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put the D&D Slip Ons on mine and like them alot. Not obnoxiously loud, but very deep. Real nice at cruise. Longer by about 3" than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts