V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if 08 seats will work on 06 wondering if the new tallboy seat for road king will fit 06

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is tank much bigger if it is maybe RK seat will work on my EG tall boy for 08RK with 2"more room seems pretty appealing

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
has nothing to do with the tank.

the new seat is totally different. Old ones had a "tongue" sticking out that went into a slot in frame.

Now it is opposite. Seat has slot, frame has tongue. I don't care for it, and wish they'd stick with one style (preferably old) or the other. Every few years, they flip-flop.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Latest edition(Sept/Oct 2007) of Hog Tales magazine indicates that the seat on 2008 Touring bikes was redesigned to accommodate the gas tank that was lengthened by an inch and a half on the seat end.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Right

road_king said:
Latest edition(Sept/Oct 2007) of Hog Tales magazine indicates that the seat on 2008 Touring bikes was redesigned to accommodate the gas tank that was lengthened by an inch and a half on the seat end.
This is correct, even the Kuraken heat deflectors are being redesigned because of the tank and seat changes. Also the fairing was slightly modified and the Dragon wings are having to be modified by Kuraken also.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Someone had a PDF posted on this site that included a 3-D drawing of why the older seat will not fit.

I do not buy the Company needed to change that for the tanks since they moved the front adjustable motor mount up to be more like the VROD setup. There are other ways of getting another gallon in there beside the seat change.

I did notice that the catalog and online do not off the Road Zep for the 08's. I have one and love it! So when I shop for another bike in few years, I may walk in with my old Zep in hand to see what it will fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts