V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the bank today, they said I can have an 08'! I was all against anything new until the Revo-Glide (water cooled bagger) came out but, I'm not getting any younger or heathier, then I saw a 105th! I've decided on the Copper Topped Road Glide. Haven't seen or ridden one yet but figure I was gonna spend a couple grand on my 01' Rg over the winter and it wasn't gonna increase the value $50. Might as well spend that $2k on 08" upgrades to the running gear. Gotta embrace the new technology! Heck, bore to 107, basic street port and R&R525 cam along with exhaust and ac. Of course the tune and the non existant SERT and the fly by wire are issues but I figure if I go for a feb delivery, the after market will be caught up by then.....
My payment is only going up about $30 a month, I can handle that!

Anyone interested in a beautiful 95/105 totally dependable 01'RG for a great price? I will miss her but progress happens........

If you have a 105th RG please post a pic!

·
Registered
180 Posts
get the 08

Go ride one and then deceide! I had an 07 and the 08 is much better riding and smoother. It has a 6 galllon tank and a miles to reserve mode on the odo. The drive train is quieter and smoother....just take the test ride and see....

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Last time by my dealer they had one on the floor. It looks good in that color. Great thing about these new bikes is it is cheap to get it to a 103" compared to what it used to cost. But I would hold off on that for a while, you just might be satisfied with the motor as is after you do a stage 1 and some slip on mufflers.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Road Glider said:
Last time by my dealer they had one on the floor. It looks good in that color. Great thing about these new bikes is it is cheap to get it to a 103" compared to what it used to cost. But I would hold off on that for a while, you just might be satisfied with the motor as is after you do a stage 1 and some slip on mufflers.
Hey Road Glider, I know you keep up on everything RG so let me ask you, is there a SERT for the 08's yet? Going to look at one this am and I'll get a demo ride and see how happy I am. My bike is fast, but fast isn't everything. For what I was gonna spend on my bike this winter, I can make the 08 into a 107 with ported heads and R&R cams I think that'll do just fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts