V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard that H-D incorporated some additional monitoring for the ECU to prevent modifications?

I heard that this is why we don't have a Power Commander for the '08's yet. DynoJet is having difficulty in finding a work around for this issue.

I suspect its more than likely to keep SERT as the only game in town for mapping changes. It'll be interesting to see the changes in the software. Could be they will only allow minor variations to the map to keep the EPA and CARB off their back? All speculation on my part but a tamper proof ecu could add an additional dimention to tuning the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gerg said:
Has anyone heard that H-D incorporated some additional monitoring for the ECU to prevent modifications?

I heard that this is why we don't have a Power Commander for the '08's yet. DynoJet is having difficulty in finding a work around for this issue.

I suspect its more than likely to keep SERT as the only game in town for mapping changes. It'll be interesting to see the changes in the software. Could be they will only allow minor variations to the map to keep the EPA and CARB off their back? All speculation on my part but a tamper proof ecu could add an additional dimention to tuning the bike.

Have you looked at the positions (Ultra) the o2 sensors are in? The rear one is at 90* to the pipe. The Tmax sensor won't work. Tranny in the way. The front sensor looks awful close to the jug. I wonder if this was done on purpose? :hmmm:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jeepster said:
Have you looked at the positions (Ultra) the o2 sensors are in? The rear one is at 90* to the pipe. The Tmax sensor won't work. Tranny in the way. The front sensor looks awful close to the jug. I wonder if this was done on purpose? :hmmm:
Could be but aftermarket exhaust would make that a non issue. One could always plug the hole and weld a bung in a better spot. T-max or DTT or any other complete ECU replacement will always be a option.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I would think that the O2 sensor for the rear cylinder would be more accurate if you got rid of the cross over pipe anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts